I would like to add a 16 GB of memory to my Motorola 3. How?

Republic,

I would like to add a 16 GB of memory to my Motorola 3. How?

Thank you,

Ralph

Is this a Moto G 3rd gen phone? If so, acquire a 16 GB (or larger) Micro-SD card and follow the instructions in this video:

1 Like

I recommend that you avoid cheap, off-brand memory cards. They are often problematic, especially with cell phones. Also, read the memory card’s specs closely and make sure it indicates “Class 10” speed. It may be a symbol that looks like a large C with the number 10 in the center of the C. Anything slower than a class 10 card could also be problematic. This would be especially true if you try to save pictures or video to the memory card.

1 Like

Thank You.

Hi @ralphk.5a4bbl
If you would like to change a 16 GB Moto G3 to a 32 GB Moto G3 it isn’t possible. That would require a new phone and I would Highly suggest the Moto G5+ on sale now… or the Samsung Galaxy S8.
The other options from @cbwahlstrom & @beachb are ok but apps don’t really go on that extra memory. Music, Movies, Videos & Photos or Documents and Data is what’s usually kept on accessory memory cards. It’s just not like having a true 64GB phone. Also with a true 64GB phone the Ram is usually higher which does help the phone run smoother and faster.

https://republicwireless.com/shop/phones/

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer