I would like to download voicemessages

I think that a download voicemail feature would be desirable. I’d particularly like to be able to download transcripts of voice messages to my email similar to what can be done with Google Voice messages. Any chance of that feature ever being developed?

Check this out –

See if it does the job. There are some online MP3 to text converters (like Bear File Converter https://www.ofoct.com/audio-converter/audio-to-text.html) that might help you convert a downloaded voicemail MP3 file to the final text transcript you’re looking for.

2 Likes

Hi @michaelb.pbsdns,

@freddy has correctly pointed you to what is presently possible with Republic, which involves saving voicemail audio files.

There’s always a chance. That said, there are no known current plans to develop that feature.

1 Like

Thank you for your replies. The link presented by FreddyP does give workable methods to save the voice messages as .mp3 files. There is no transcription though… and with upload to Google Drive there’s no times stamp… But they will serve as a rudimentary solutions. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @michaelb.pbsdns,

If you prefer the way Google Voice handles voicemail transcriptions, you might consider using the voicemail forwarding feature. Your unanswered Republic calls would be forwarded to Google Voice and use the Google Voice Voicemail.

How to Enable Voicemail Forwarding – Republic Help

3 Likes

Thank you southpaw! That was a great suggestion. I’ve configured my voicemails to go to my Google Voice and by creating some filters I get collections of just the messages that are important to me. I didn’t know that forwarding feature existed, so you suggestion was just what I needed.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer