If I buy a Moto Z play and receive it after December 29th, do I still get the promotion?

The Moto Z play is currently on backorder and will not ship for another 1-2 weeks. If I buy it today and it ships 2 weeks from now, that’s after the promotion date ends. Would I still get the promotion?

As far as you buy it within the promotion period, RW is planning to fulfill all those orders before that activation deadline.

If you do not receive the 6-month promotion because of a shipping delay leading to a delayed activation, please submit a help ticket.

@southpaw@rw

You can hope they’ll give you the free service as a courtesy, but don’t bet on it. It plainly says “Must be activated by 12/29 to receive free service”

Hello,

I want to place my order, but I also want a definite answer to this question. Can anyone please confirm?

Both answers I got say you can still get the deal after December 29th. But when I check many other responses, they say it must be by the 29th. Which is correct?

So far, I first received this response:

(Republic Help)

Dec 15, 3:56 PM EST

Hi Andrew,
Thank you for reaching out to us. I hope this message finds you well! Thanks for reaching out to us about our latest promotion, $100 off the Moto Z Play! No one wants to miss out on a chance to save some cash so we are happy to lay out the requirements for you!

For a full list of the promotional offers available please refer to our Special Offers and Promotions Community Page.

When / How Long?

This promotion will run from 12/7 at 12:00 am EST to 12/20 at midnight or until supplies run out(If phone runs out of inventory, then the site will show ‘Out of Stock’).

What all does this include?

Moto Z price dropped $100, down to $349. You can also get up to 6 months free service with the purchase of a new Moto Z Play directly from us in this time, specific requirements listed below:

• Members will be responsible for paying taxes and telecom fees.
  • Must be activated by 12/29/2016 to get full 6 months free service
  • Members are responsible for paying first month of service no matter when they activate
  • Free service will start in January and run through June.
  • **Example:**Member activates in December, then they are responsible for paying December’s bill. In January their free monthly service will begin and will run through June 2017.
  • **Example:**If member activates in February and pays for February, then their free service starts in March and runs through June.

If you have questions about any of our promotional offers please do not hesitate to ask by replying to this message. Have a most excellent day!
Then I checked again and got this story:

"The Moto Z Play appears to be back-ordered and will take 1-2 weeks before it can ship. Can you be more specific? What are the chances if I order today that I’ll get it by January 2nd? Thank you!!!

Good evening Andrew
If you order one today, Republic has assured us, that you will have it in time to activate it by the December 29th deadline for the 6 Month free service promotion.
Republic is getting shipments daily to fill the backorders.
I hope that my answer was helpful, if you have anymore questions, please let me know,
Bill.

You

Thanks!

Also, just to verify, if I activate after the 29th, I would still get free service through June, correct?

I received this reply from another customer service rep, Heather. She said, "Moto Z price dropped $100, down to $349. You can also get up to 6 months free service with the purchase of a new Moto Z Play directly from us in this time, specific requirements listed below:

• Members will be responsible for paying taxes and telecom fees.
  • Must be activated by 12/29/2016 to get full 6 months free service
  • Members are responsible for paying first month of service no matter when they activate
  • Free service will start in January and run through June.
  • Example: Member activates in December, then they are responsible for paying December’s bill. In January their free monthly service will begin and will run through June 2017.
  • Example: If member activates in February and pays for February, then their free service starts in March and runs through June."
    Is this correct?
    Thanks!

Bill

Hi Andrew,
Sorry for the confusion.
NO, if you activate the Moto Z after December 29th, you will NOT receive the 6 month promotion, so please make sure you activate it before 12/29, would hate to see you miss out on this great deal.
As she sent you:

• Must be activated by 12/29/2016 to get full 6 months free service**
    No, that is NOT correct, activation after 12/29 = no free service.
    I hope that my answer was helpful, if you have anymore questions, please let me know,

You
It says for “full” 6 months, meaning that you can still get activate later but then it would only be 5, 4, 3, etc… Months of free service. Is that not correct? I need to know for sure. Thanks.

Bill

Hi Andrew,
I am verifying this with a Republic staffer, to make sure I am not giving you incorrect info…
Sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
stay tuned
Bill

You

Thank you!!!

Bill

Hi Andrew,
With it saying the activation deadline is 12/29.
Here is all of the fine print
https://goo.gl/KnxH5S

What stands out to me are these statements

1)Phone must be activated by December 29, 2016 in order to be eligible for free service.
2)The last month for any Republic Wireless unlimited talk and text plus 1GB of cellular data service plans to be provided free of charge is June 2017.
I will let you know when I get the official clarification for you!
Rather be safe than sorry…
Bill

You

Ok. Answer tomorrow then?

Bill

Hi Andrew,
Here is the response I just received, hot off the presses…
"That’s right. If you activate late, you won’t get 6 months, but you’ll get the remaining months through the June billing cycle. "
Sorry for the confusion !
Bill.

You

Phew! Thanks. I’ll order tomorrow then! Thanks!

Moderator’s note: Content edited for formatting and to remove personal information.

Here is a reply by a RW employee from a previous discussion that should answer your question. !st level of RW Support not always up to speed on how mgt will handle things.

Moto Z Play discount and free service

@southpaw@rw Dec 9, 2016 2:38 PM

Hi @erikl.36oq2z ,

We have a team carefully monitoring sales of the Moto Z play. The current back-order status takes into account stock that is on the way to our fulfillment center. We are confident any sales placed while the phone is showing back-ordered will be shipped in time to arrive by the activation deadline.

Should some unforeseen circumstance cause a delivery after the activation deadline, our support team will be glad to work with you toward a fair solution.

Hi @andrewski ,

You’ve received two responses, the second was corrected after double-checking, both say the same thing. Can you please explain, without pasting in an entire exchange, any specifics that are leaving you unsure? Then I’ll be able to give you an answer that definitely gives you the confidence you need to make a decision.

Sorry for the mistrust. It’s been damaged too many times. I see the responses I have, but at this point, there are still more responses out there that conclude otherwise. This wording would lead most people to believe otherwise: " The customer must activate the Eligible Phone (x ) on or prior to December 29, 2016, (y ) chose a valid Republic Wireless service plan, and (z ) agree to the Republic Wireless Terms of Service (a “Valid Activation”)."
For those wondering, I’m now quite confident, especially after an online chat also confirmed, that "The device must be activated by 12/29/2016 to get full 6 months free service, if activated after that point you’d be receiving the remaining amount of free service."
Hopefully this helps someone else!
As it turns out, unfortunately I’m not going to order because the GSM coverage is not as good as the CDMA coverage I’m getting right now on 2nd Gen Moto X. I REALLY hope RW can make their 3.0 plans work with CDMA/Sprint. If they can’t do this within about a year, I’ll probably have to look elsewhere, and I love RW and have been with them for over 3 years. But like most people, I need good coverage AND a good phone. Here’s to hoping.

Sorry, I think I replied to the original question instead of your reply. But I wanted you to be notified of my response, so I’m referencing it to you now. Please see my reply in the conversation. And thank you for your reply and your help!

Just to clarify, it’s not an activation deadline, because it can be activated after Dec 29th and you’ll still get free months of service until the end of June. With that plus $100 off the phone, it’s an amazing deal. I really wish GSM coverage would work better for me. I would buy two of the phones right now if I could use them on CDMA.

Ok. I’m glad to see you were satisfied with the answer you received from our live chat, and we certainly understand how important good coverage is. Just in case anyone needs a fourth answer:

You must activate by 12/29 to get six full months of free service. If (by your own choice, not because we failed to deliver a phone in time) you wait and activate later, you’ll still get free service through the June billing cycle, so it won’t total six months.

Message an
Expert customer