If I Upgrade Phones - How do I Keep Number, Can I Keep Apps?

I have a Moto E (2nd Gen) with Republic Wireless on the $10 plan. I didn’t anticipate how much I would use multiple apps, so now I’d like to upgrade to the Moto G4 Plus. But I have 2 questions about this:

1. How do I do this and still keep my same number?

2. How do I do this and not go through the pain of setting up my entire phone all over again? Is there a way to migrate data and apps and settings to the new phone without spending a whole day doing it manually?

Thanks.

during activation you will have the opportunity to login to your account and chose to upgrade the phone line ( vs adding a line)

Activate My Phone

–>https://community.republicwireless.com/docs/DOC-2430-activate-my-phone#exrwold

note your plan will change as all new phones use the 3.0 plans Our Most Affordable Plans at $15/month, with Unlimited Talk & Text | Republic Wireless

apps may be downloaded in bulk on set up from the Google play store

Contacts should be synced to the Google account and upgrade automatically

Photos can be backed up to the Cloud via Google Photos and then you will have access to them from new phone

During the activation process you will be presented with an opportunity to move the number from your old phone to your new phone. The number will transfer instantly and the old phone will be deactivated.

Activate My Phone

Once you log into your Gmail account on your new phone Google will restore your contacts and calendar. If you set up the Photos app on the old phone your pictures will be restored to your new phone. You will find your apps in the My Apps section of the Play store. I wish I could tell you there was no setup time. The entire activation process takes about an hour and then you will probably want to personalize your screens.

Unfortunately, it’s going to take some time to download any apps you are using. Once you enter your Google account information, the apps which are linked to your Google account will be available for you to download.

Contacts and photos if you saved them to your Google account should populate by themselves.

If you want to save text messages, then you will have to download an app to do that.

Of course, you will have to do some or all of this again when Motorola updates the operating system to nougat.

I see the Moto G plus is currently backordered for 1 to 2 weeks.

Message an
Expert customer