I'm out of the U.S. for several months -- does the WiFi only plan still exist?

Can I switch to a different plan for these few months? I don’t really understand the options. When I look at the current available “Plans” there is really only one option – “My Choice”. This plan doesn’t sound ideal as it would result in a higher cost for me. I currently have the refund plan with 0.5gb.

The information about the WiFi only plans in the forum seems like it could be dated, so any help will be welcome.

Thanks

My Choice does not include a WiFi only option (this is due to the Republic number needed to be bonded with the underlying carrier number on the SIM)
best advice is here

Hi @patrickc.qa5wpr,

If you’re using a grandfathered refund plan on a legacy Republic phone (Moto E1, E2, G1, G3, X1 or X2), My Choice doesn’t apply to you. There is still a WiFi only option for your phone. Details from Republic here: Republic Wireless Plans 2.0: Republic Refund – Republic Help.

Thanks for this. I do have a legacy phone.

When I open the republic app, the option to change plans does not appear to be available.

The options are the following:
-Transfer my number
-Change my number
-Assign this phone
-View calls and messages
-Manage E911
-Cancel Service

The document you send about 2.0 plans shows a different app interface

That’s not the Republic App, that’s the Republic Website. We’re talking about the App on the Phone itself. It has an icon that looks like this :rw_3:

Got it. Confusion started when I was in the app and selected the option to manage my account. This takes you to the website, even though the page opens within the app (not in the usual browser).

Problem resolved. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.