Effective immediately, Republic Wireless is no longer allowing activation of our 1.0/2.0 phones (listed below), all of which were sold in our online store in or before 2016. Phones that are currently activated are not affected by this change.
- Moto E 1st Gen
- Moto E 2nd Gen
- Moto G 1st Gen
- Moto G 3rd Gen
- Moto X 1st Gen
- Moto X 2nd Gen
- As of 9/29/21 the above phones can no longer be activated for service
- The “Unlimited” and “Republic Refund” plans associated with these phones are not available on newer phones
- These phones were built for Republic Wireless and will not work on other networks
- If you are currently using one of the above phones for your Republic Wireless service, this announcement does not impact your use of the phone
Coming changes to the cellular network that serves these phones will impact the useability of these phones in the future, making it necessary for us to begin a gradual process of “sunsetting” these phones. There is no immediate change for our members who are currently using these phones, and we will be in touch with our members who are using these phones before any service-impacting changes occur.
We understand that this announcement may bring questions to mind for our current users of these phones. To stay informed, we encourage you to take the following actions:
- Reply below to let us know of your concerns or questions
- Make sure you are able to receive e-mail at the e-mail address listed on your Republic Wireless account
- Keep watching this #news Category of our Community for future announcements
Please understand that our Help Team does not have any additional dates or information regarding the future of these phones.