In Europe - calls sometimes attempt to go out cellular but no service - so drops

I’m in Armenia for 4 months
1> calls to USA sometimes attempt to go out cellular - which will NEVER work
2> when calls to USA are completed via wifi, they drop just after 6 minutes (at best)

How do I FORCE it to ALWAYS call via wifi
I have NO CONTROL over the router etc - I’m in a hotel/hostel/etc
((this is a Moto G power 2021 with new SIM -have previously used an older(orig?) Moto with no problems))

Turn on airplane mode. When you do this Wi-Fi will be disabled, but all you have to do is turn Wi-Fi back on. In this way the phone will never attempt to use the cellular radio for calls or anything else.

4 Likes

This will also save battery, as the phone won’t always be scanning for the cellular signal.
Note: However due to Google/Android restrictions the Status will not be updated to indicate ‘On WiFi’ and will continue to show Airplane Mode Not connected to cellular network

3 Likes

sounds reasonable, thanks - will give that a try - hope that also
stops it dropping calls after 6 minutes

1 Like

It’s all good then - I just finished a 23 minute call back to Texas -
no problems at all - thanks for the quick response with a real
solution!!!

2 Likes

You may have been on CDMA (not used in Europe) and the newer phone (unless you got a CDMA SIM from Republic would be GSM, and maybe with T-Mobile presence in Europe that would account for the attempts on cell. Glad it’s all working out for you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer