Inability to Sync on Google: "Account action required"

I have a Samsung Galaxy A50 phone (Android). The plan that I am on is MyChoice + 3 GB data included.

I have been a Republic Wireless for several years. My Samsung Galaxy A50 phone has been working fine. Also, my Google email account works fine online. However, recently I have received the following error message. It led me to do a System Restore, but even after the System Restore, I am unable to Sync (with the result that I am unable to access photos stored on Google Photos and my Google email account), and this message remains constant:
Google Play services
Account action required
This message appears although I signed into my correct Google account using the correct password.

When I clicked “Chrome” and then “Settings,” I saw a red alert with the message:

Sync
Please update your sign-in details.

Clicking on that message, I was told:

Sync isn’t working.
Sign in again to start sync
Sign in again

I signed in again using the correct message. Again, I was told:

Sync isn’t working.
Sign in again to start sync
Sign in again

There is thus a problem with Sync independent of how I am signing in.

When I click on Google, I receive the following message:

Couldn’t sign in
There was a problem signing in to your Google Account
Try again

When I click on “Try again,” I receive the following message:

Something went wrong

Couldn’t connect to Discover

Try again
When I click on “Try again,” I receive the following message:

Couldn’t sign in

There was a problem signing in to your Google Account

Try again
Apparently, then, there is a problem that relates to Sync, Discover, and signing in to my Google Account even though I have entered correctly the name of my Google Account and its password.

Any suggestions?

Hi @robertb.lion,

Discover as in Discover Card? Is your Discover Card linked to your Google account for payments? If so and you delete your Discover Card as a payment method linked to your Google account, does sync work?

I do not have a Discover Card account. Google uses the term “Discover” instead of what it used to call “Google Now.” It provides users with articles, etc. that Google believes might be of interest to an individual user.

Are you able to otherwise use the Internet on the phone? Can you navigate websites using Chrome on the phone?

Yes, I am able to navigate Web sites using Chrome on the phone.

Rob

You might try the following:

1. Open Settings
  2. Scroll to, then tap Apps
  3. Scroll to, then tap Google Play services
  4. Tap Storage
  5. Tap Clear cache
  6. Tap Manage storage
  7. Tap Clear All Data
  8. Restart the phone

Any better?

Thank you. “Account action required” message still persists.

Try this?

1 Like

Thank you. This didn’t work.

Perhaps you need to contact Google.

Message an
Expert customer