Inbound calls come in on Cell instead of wifi

I have a new moto X4 with talk, text and data.

Issue Description

My cell service is not very good at home so I usually rely on wifi for phone calls. My wifi is very good but many incoming calls come in on the cell network. Frequently I notice that the green republic logo is outline only not solid color. I don’t recall the details but remember reading about that. Is there a setting I should set that I am missing? Thanks!

this is mostly likely due to the Doze feature

Thanks! I installed the app and set up a macro as shown by your example. I even gave it the same name.
Question - What does the outline logo (noodle?) vs solid color mean?
Thanks again!

The reference that @drm186 provided will get you to a very long discussion. @billg has written another take on the subject in Doze Detect & Recovery and the latest iteration of ‘fixes’ that Bill & I have tested is defined at the comment that the link will take you to (it provides instructions on downloading the template from MD)
Some phones appear to change the frequency/time between doze and the original may miss them

Is there anything more that the community can try to help you with?

Keeping the phone from going into doze mode by using Macrodroid has seemed to help. I tried to read the topic by billg about doze detect and recovery but a message came up that I wasn’t authorized to read that topic. I love my new phone but there has been a few details to work through and get used to. Thanks all for your help!

Glad you were able to get some relief from the Doze

• Which link didn’t work for you? Post back and we can see what may be the cause (others may benefit from finding the How-To)

This link from @billg you referenced it in a previous response.
Thanks!

Were you logged in to the Forum?

The link you’ve provided is to a conversation in a private space of Community, @jben, and does not include any content by @billg. Perhaps this is the shorter conversation you meant to reference?

Do we need to move this shorter one to the #tips category?

1 Like

Thanks … Let me clean it up and improve the find/load template portion and author a new Tips & Tricks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer