Incoming calls go into Voicemail (calls do not ring) on Moto G3

I have a Moto G3 on the $10 talk & text. Worked fine for last 3 years or more. Then sometime in 2019 I noticed incoming calls would not ring and i would not get a missed call. If the caller left a voicemail though, i immediately got the “bing” and you have voicemail. The caller hears the normal 3-5 rings (20 seconds give or take). After doing everything that made sense and in the Community the problem persists about 70% of the time. Occasionally an inbound call will ring, but i have not found any pattern to what made those calls ring and others not (for instance, I’d have a friend call and it would ring on my end and we’d hangup without answering. Wait 30sec and try again and the call does not ring on my end and goes into VM). Since I am often in areas without Wi-Fi I am really most concerned about this finicky issue on the cellular network.
I have done the following:

1. Latest RW app
  2. Updated PRL, Profile, and Moto Software
  3. Refreshed RW Activation
  4. Cleared the Moto cache partition
  5. Ring settings is ring only; not set to vibrate
  6. Reset cellular configuration
    Using Android 5.1.1.

Thanks for any help on this frustrating issue.

This almost sounds like the “doze mode” problem?

Since your phone is CDMA, and you have already updated your PRL, I have no suggestions.
I don’t think the Moto G3 can do GSM on R.W. according to the detailed listing of R.W. supported phones?

Maybe some of the experts can chime in for a solution (but it looks like you did a LOT)!

This issues is that Doze mode doesn’t exist on Android 5.1, so that can’t be it. And correct, the G3 is a legacy, CDMA only phone.

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer