Incoming phone calls

unsolved

What phone do you have? Moto G4play

What plan are you on? Unlimited talk and text

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Just talk and text

Issue Description

I’m not sure when the problem started, but probably 3 or 4 months. The phone sometimes rings once or twice, and then goes to voicemail. Sometimes it doesn’t ring at all, but goes to voicemail. It rang once yesterday, and I immediately picked up and attempted to open, but it went to voicemail before I could answer. The person who was calling said it rang 4 or 5 times before going to voicemail. Last night, my daughter called our other phone, because mine didn’t ring, and she was sent to voicemail. I have to keep checking voicemail to see if anyone has called and left a message. It seems to be getting worse now.

This sounds like a classic description of the problem Google Doze problem. Google/Android turns off the WiFi receiver to save battery

Thank you for your response. I am an 83 year old American female, and this all sounds Greek to me, so I don’t think I can follow these instructions. I really would like to find the fix, because I just missed a doctor’s call for the 3rd month in a row. Perhaps I will just have to get a new phone. I really appreciate your trying to help!

Sorry for the delayed response, and I understand the language barrier (I grew up in Eastern Oregon 80+ years ago and every so often the English language escapes me :slight_smile:
I numbered the steps in my instruction … Please post back what step you need help with and help will be available (many others members/users jump in to help out when we can)

automatically bumped #5

@ernestm.acn3r7 Are you still having an issue with incoming calls?

It seems to be sporadic. I haven’t seen anyone yet who can physically follow the guides suggested for me, so I’m just checking my phone for messages from time to time.

automatically bumped #8
automatically bumped #9

The only guide that I see suggested to you in this discussion, was authored by me.
Is there anything I can do to help you through the process?

Message an
Expert customer