Initial Republic Anywhere Feedback

rw_anywhere

i have tried it … right now the problems i have found are:
I cant find it in my computer once it is closed… there is no icon nor clear way to open it on the pc.

I couldnt get it to send and had to go back to sms, on the phone.

it identifies a 214 sending number and the receiving number but not the name as on the phone…

I cant find the delete capability on the pc.

Republic Anywhere BETA

“Connect where you are, on any device”

Not true. No Linux version

True statement as of today @stephens.5ia9mo.
A Linux version of Anywhere is definitely something we aspire to provide our Members in the future.

Linux is on the road map.

My anti-virus, BitLocker, calls it a malicious exploit, and will not allow me to use it.

I am generally happy with Anywhere - running it on Win7 without problems. One suggestion: add a password feature to the Windows App, and for that matter, Anywhere on Android. This would put it more in line with utilities like Signal that provide an extra level of security beyond the Windows/phone password. I use my SMS for 2-factor authentication so denying access to the messaging apps is helpful. Acknowledging that it’s painfully easy in Android to switch messaging apps.

Then Republic shouldn’t be posting untrue claims.

If you’d like to require a password on the Windows client you can log out whenever you’re finished using Anywhere. The next time it’s launched it will require you to log in.

That’s the goal and future of Anywhere. It’s why the idea was hatched and developed in the first place. Eventually you will be able to use it on any device.

Yes, but the “any device” claim is currently not true. It ought to be
removed.

Couldn’t get it to load on my kindle fire either

will there be a chrome extension for Anywhere anytime soon?

I’ve installed Anywhere on Windows 7 without issue (Love it!!), but on my Samsung 7S Edge is completely unstable (Android keeps shutting it down) and it slows my phone. Is anyone else seeing this?

“Works with any device”…so long as that device is a Windows computer.

Is there no shame in the advertising department? :slight_smile:

Well, macOS is supported as well. :grinning:

It also doesn’t work on Symbian, Tizen, IBM ZOS, OS/390 or DOS. I DEMAND EQUAL SUPPORT FOR ALL PLATFORMS THAT ARE OR HAVE BEEN, BEFORE THE ANYWHERE CLAIM IS MADE.

Well the fine print for other android device is not exactly highlighted, but it is there. In this case an android tablet could be any non-Republic phone. I am in the beta and have been trying almost every release, but so far no luck working YET on my tablet.

Google Play - Republic Anywhere (beta)

*iOS and Android tablet support coming soon. Check minimum system requirements:

Mac was supported in the initial launch.

Linux is now in beta for anyone to try:

The Linux version has been posted. It’s in beta for anyone to try:

Using Republic Anywhere on Windows 10 and on Moto G (1st gen).

My comments (so far) :

On the PC, there’s no way to see archived conversations. I found this out after I archived a whole bunch of conversations, then realized they had just vanished. I can see them on the phone, and unarchive them there (and they show up again on the PC). But I really wish the entire calling history would be visible on the PC.

1. On the PC, I wish you could click on a person’s icon and see their complete contact info, like you can on the phone.

2. For that matter, I wish you could click on a person’s icon and start a voice or video call… like Apple facetime.