I am using a Moto G Play with 3.0 “My choice +1G” plan. The Republic Icon indicating that calling is connected to the Wi-Fi comes on normally after I connect, then after a few seconds it turns off (and the status says “cell”), then after a few minutes it’s on again, then after a few minutes off again, and so on. The WiFi status always indicates a strong signal. This has been happening for a while, I can’t pinpoint an event coinciding with it. The phone works fine but it’s just kind of annoying.
- Perhaps one of your apps has been updated and is the culprit?
- Boot up in Safe Mode and test
- When it ‘works fine’ are the calls/text via Cell or WiFi?
- Perhaps a neighbor has updated/added a new router and are killing you signal … the strong signal indicator is only the strength and not the quality
- I would start with Quick Check 1 & 2 of Router Tweaks - Keep WiFi 1st - a Community Guide
A few of us in the office are seeing similar behavior. Have you noticed if this happens on multiple Wi-FI networks, or just one in particular?
I haven’t really been observant enough to notice.
Having the same issue here. Same Wi-Fi network, generally. Following for response.
The issues our engineers were investigating are now resolved. If you’re still experiencing Wi-Fi connectivity issues, please consider troubleshooting in more detail with the Community or in a Help ticket.
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.