iOS Anywhere App Replying to MMS

when my wife replies to a group MMS, that includes me, I see the text string below. She sees the same when I reply. Does not occur on our Android phones. Can someone fill me in on what’s happening? Thanks.

IPad, IOS 12, Anywhere
(I’ve redacted the phone numbers)

{“from”:"+xxxxxxxxxxx",“date”:■■■■,“subject”:"",“to”:[“xxxxxxxxxx”,“xxxxxxxxxx”],“text”:[{“name”:“text.000000.txt”,“content”:“Water sun and fresh air are exhausting”}],“smil”:[{“name”:“smil.xml”,“content”:"<smil><head><layout><root-layout/><region id=“Text” top=“0” left=“0” height=“100%” width=“100%”/></layout></head><body><par dur=“5000ms”><text src=“text.000000.txt” region=“Text” /></par></body></smil>"}]}

0 Likes

Hi @ceedee

It’s a bug or, at least, an interaction between the Anywhere iOS app and iOS 12.1 when one or more of the participants in a group conversation are using Anywhere.

As Anywhere development is dormant, there is currently no reason to believe this will be fixed. The alternative is to use Messages by Google. Google’s Messages for web client works via Safari on iOS devices at messages.android.com. If you save a shortcut to an iOS device’s home screen, it functions very much like a native iOS app.

0 Likes

Much appreciated. I’m up and running, but struggling with the shortcut app. If something exists, let me know.

0 Likes

On your iOS device with Messages for web open in Safari:

1. Tap the Share button (square with upward pointing arrow bottom center).
  2. In the list of icons that starts with Add to Reading List; swipe left until you see Add to Home Screen.
  3. Edit the default name of Messages if you wish.
  4. Tap Done.
  5. You’ll have a swanky new icon on your home screen.
  6. Tapping that will open Messages for web directly without first needing to open Safari.
0 Likes

That worked. Thanks,

My wife is still on anywhere. I’m on messages as the guinea pig. I can send her a text just fine, but her replies don’t show up on my messages app - web or phone, I’ve cleared data, cache, force stopped.

Interestingly, if I temporarily switch back to anywhere on my phone, the reply is there. Scratching my head on this one.

0 Likes

All is good. However, I can’t find a way to get a notification on my iPad. Bummer.

0 Likes

closed #7

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes

Message an
Expert customer