Is republic wireless gonna support the new Moto g8 line?

While on vacation last week, my Moto E4 decided to hard brick. Won’t power up, reset, or boot into recovery. It’s dead. I was thinking to go with the Moto g7 play but I really don’t want to do that if the updated model comes out in a week or two. Any thoughts? I also considered the Moto x4 since it’s specs are quite good but it’s already a 1 1/2 year old phone as well.
Thanks

1 Like

While we don’t know for sure that Republic will get the G8 line, it seems like a pretty safe bet that they will since they’ve partnered with Moto since the G1 and have had every version of the G released in the US since then.

3 Likes

Hi @justinf.sxvoqj - Certainly agree with @louisdi take on the Moto line. RW doesn’t really share future plans. But updates are posted as announcements here: Announcements & News - Member Community

You can also use the “Notify” button at the top of the #news page to make sure you are notified when something new is posted in the category.

This might help you get any announcement about the G8 as soon as it’s posted.

2 Likes

Does anyone know what is historically the time needed for RW to bring in a Moto phone after it is announced? It might be a good ballpark estimate for when to expect the Moto G8 as I am in a need for a new phone as well.

1 Like

Usually days. Sometimes weeks. When the used to modify the phones, months.

I need a new phone yesterday! I hope they step up the efforts to bringing in the new G8.

Hi @georgek.huouge,

So far, I see no evidence Motorola is actually selling the Moto G8 series on its U.S. website. I am seeing some reports online of the G8 Play and G8 Plus as having been just released is some markets but am not finding anything definitive on a U.S. release. For both the G6 and G7 series the plus variant was never released in the U.S.

At the end of the day, Republic would be hard pressed to step up efforts to potentially support the Moto G8 series until such time as Motorola releases them to the U.S. market.

2 Likes
Message an
Expert customer