Is Support really that difficult?

I’m sorry your Republic Wireless is support really that difficult. I was sent Moto Z play with the bad Sim card. Basically the phone does not detect the Sim card nor does any other phone. I opened a help ticket Friday at 12:35. The last response from Republic was on Friday at 15:00. Shortly after the last response The same night I provided all information they needed to send me a new sim card and confirmed the sim card was the issue. The Republic could’ve overnighted me a Sim card by now as I really need a fully functional phone. This is not how you should be treating customers of the 3+ plus service. Normally I don’t post stuff like this. I don’t have any other recourse to have this addressed.

1 Like

Hi @mr.sunday,

I’m sorry to hear of the less than satisfactory support experience. If you’d be kind enough to post the ticket number, I’ll be happy to make inquiries with staff on your behalf. Doing so won’t expose the content of the conversation between you and Republic staff, which is private and shall remain that way. It merely provides a reference point for me to pass along to staff.

An additional question, if you don’t mind? Since you reference being a customer of 3+ years; is your old Republic phone not working? The Moto Z Play wouldn’t (to the best of my knowledge) activate with a faulty SIM. I ask for this additional information, so that I may frame the inquiry with the correct level of urgency.

1 Like

Thank you @rolandh! I really appreciate your help. My ticket number “Request #1019329

My Moto X first-generation screen is broken.

Support, unfortunately, is the weak link in the RW service. The majority of support comes from the small community of users willing to provide their knowledge and experience here in the discussion forums. That, of course, makes it incumbent on the subscriber to have the skill and the willingness to come to the community and search for previous answers to the same issue, or adequately describe, in text, the problem they wish to resolve. Much of the support offered beyond community support is handled by a third party company who simply opens the official RW service binder, but has no actual or practical experience with RW phones or service. To get the attention of someone within the walls of company, one must be a very squeaky wheel.

1 Like

Support, unfortunately, is the weak link in the RW service. The majority of support comes from the small community of users willing to provide their knowledge and experience here in the discussion forums.
Our support team internally is over 100 people strong. The majority of support requests are handled by our team. Sometimes we get swamped but we typically answer pretty quickly. When something slips through or the customer need is great the community ambassadors help point that out to us. A majority of people who open tickets never ever go to the community.

Much of the support offered beyond community support is handled by a third party company who simply opens the official RW service binder, but has no actual or practical experience with RW phones or service.
Technical issues are almost always handled by the internal team.

To get the attention of someone within the walls of company, one must be a very squeaky wheel.
Most of the time everything works great sometimes we get swamped but we maintain pretty high customer satisfaction throughout. When we have an outage either of our own of carrier, paired with a sale, marketing push or service policy change, it can really slow us down. Then we focus on high priority customer.

It can be challenging but our support is a bright spot not a weak link. We just do not have call-in support everything else is there (chat, social, email).

1 Like

Thank you for painting a clearer, more correct picture of how the RW support system works.

I wanted to thank everyone who helped and @seanr for elaborating more about the support system in place by Republic. Although I am not happy about the turnaround time they’ve done their best to amend and are sending me an Sim card overnight.

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer