Is the Helpdesk Overwhelmed?

I submitted a ticket 7 hours ago for an issue i had with my new Moto 4G+. I haven’t gotten anything other than the canned response when submitting it. Are there a lot of Taco Tuesday issues?

Anything the Community can help you with?

If you don’t hear from support within 24 hours post your ticket number here and one of the anointed ones will try to get you some attention. Don’t open any additional tickets because it will be merged with your original ticket and moved back to the end of the line.

No. Thank you billg. Got a new phone today from the Taco Tuesday promotion and it has some streaking on the display out of the box. Was just excited for a new phone and am frustrated I couldn’t get an RMA processed today.

Are you sure the streaking you are seeing isn’t on the plastic they put on the screen to protect it during shipping? On some models that plastic is very hard to see. Check the corners carefully so see if there is a loose spot that you can use to lift it off. The one on the G4+ I received didn’t have a loose spot so I had to very carefully remove it with a knife edge.

Lower left corner

I’m fairly sure. The plastic came off in one piece. can you make out the 2 diagonal bars from side to bottom on the left of the pic? I received a response a few minutes after posting this.

Sorry, I can’t see anything strange in that picture beyond two bright white dots on the left side where the bottom of the glass meets the edge material.

I can see what looks to be scratches when zoomed

Yes, I see that now too. Thanks! Could it be adhesive from the screen protector that can be removed with a little rubbing alcohol?

Here are two better pictures. I cleaned the screen with a microfiber cloth to get the prints off. One is with the device off and the other is on. Maybe this shows it better.

If that is adhesive it will probably require a solvent like alcohol or goo-b-gone.

Understood. I don’t believe it to be. I’ve tried goo gone on it and it did not work. Thank you everyone for the help.

It almost looks damaged, as in used.

@jasonc.j7er2y

Come back and tell us how RW handles this.

Bill

Hi @jasonc.j7er2y ,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with the brand new phone. Have you received any response from RW?

Can you please post your ticket number?

Hi @amitl, I have. Ticket # is 1003522. I have been asked to confirm address but have not received any other information. It is not urgent as nothing will be able to ship this time of night anyway. Thank you.

@jasonc.j7er2y

RW takes broken or defective phones right out of the box pretty seriously. You may receive a phone very quickly, then again I have seen the other delivery guy.

*** ~~ßocephous™***

Image result for funny tortoise delivery images

Tortoise Delivery service

If support is working with you, then that is the best way to keep moving this forward. Please keep us updated of your progress, also you can reference this discussion in your ticket.

The return was processed. Thank you everyone. Expecting the new phone on Monday.

adding @southpaw@rw from a discussion on another thread.

I don’t think there is really anything actionable left to do here. It was simply not a smooth experience. Apologies for using your name before. It was displayed instead of the handle when you first replied, in case there is anything to do to prevent that in the future.

Hi @jasonc.j7er2y ,

adding southpaw@rw from a discussion on another thread.

I don’t think there is really anything actionable left to do here. It was simply not a smooth experience.

Thank you for bringing this thread to my attention. I’ve reviewed your ticket and will make sure we discuss it internally. It brings up a concern we do need to address. While you were waiting for a response, the ticket had a lot going on as the situation was being researched and queued up for the right team to process, however, despite the focus on solving the problem and all the activity going on in the background, no one communicated with you.

Apologies for using your name before. It was displayed instead of the handle when you first replied, in case there is anything to do to prevent that in the future.

No need to apologize. Our Community software seems intent on advertising my real name, and I just prefer to edit it out whenever it pops up.