Is the Huawei Ascend going to go on sale soon? When?

When will the Huawei Ascend be available for purchase

Hi @jacobb.3uei4d ,

It became available at midnight ET. If you’re not seeing it, please try opening your browser in incognito mode, as you may be seeing a version of our webpage that has been cached by your browser or ISP for quicker loading.

I am still showing out of Stock are they really already out of stock?

Hi @kaylaa.xabjsw ,

I believe they are out of stock at this time.

Out of stock already? I checked at 11:30 central time and when I put the ascend in my cart it still said that it was $179 so I tried to find a better time and the fine print on Special Offers and Promotions says “$50 off a Huawei Ascend 5W when you purchase between December 13 to December 20, 2016 at 2:59 a.m. ET”. I thought that meant that it would not go live until 1:59 central time so I was going to wait till then, but just double-checked right now and its out of stock? That really sucks, will they get more, or is that it?

My understanding is once they’re gone they’re gone for purposes of the promotion.

southpaw@rw wrote:

It became available at midnight ET. If you’re not seeing it, please try opening your browser in incognito mode, as you may be seeing a version of our webpage that has been cached by your browser or ISP for quicker loading.

I believe they are out of stock at this time.

I had to reload a previously opened Huawei Ascend 5W page to get it to show available.

For others wanting to get in on this offer hopefully RW has phones and just needs to reload/update ordering system as they did when G3s first started showing out of stock earlier in the year. Time will tell.

I could have gotten it because I was able to add the phone to my cart, however I did not continue because it did not show the the $50 off (after experimenting with the Moto Z promotion I now realize that I had to check out to get it). Also the promotions were listed in red which looked unusual (republic uses a lot of green) and made me think that I was seeing a page that hadn’t gone live yet. When I searched for clarification, I thought that I found it in the fine terms of the promotion and so I waited. Now to find that I missed out because of that is especially frustrating.

I appreciate the frustration. I’d very much like to be wrong on this one, however, that does not appear to be the case.

Aw stink! I set a reminder for midnight as soon as I got the promo email. Logged in as I got the reminder and found it immediately out of stock even in incognito. I’m guessing they weren’t prepared for this level of interest? My wife and I were so looking fwd to affordable new phones We had requested they add the Umi plus, but we’re excited to see Huawei with another decent alternative. I guess we are stuck with our 1st gen moto X’s for a while longer… I am a communications manager and network admin for a site, and was part of the original rw beta C group, and would be happy to assist in beta testing an Umi…

Wow. By 10:30pm west coast they were all gone… Not sure where RW is but i figured i would come a little early just in case… Well that sucks… Was looking forward to getting a new phone this week

wow so they gave a 6 day window for a promotion and are completely sold out in under 30 minutes? What’s the point?

Even if you were there at midnight, apparently you had to know to clear the cache to get the phone. I’m sure many people are a bit disappointed this morning. What did they sell, 100 or so phones? What a joke.

Sorry wrong post. Ya, the phone sold out in 30 minutes, or so they say. It was a gimmick, a bit to get free advertising.

Shoddily run promotion, way to anger your customers

I wouldn’t count on it. The promo reads: “The Offer is valid only while Eligible Phone supplies last. Eligible Phone supplies are limited and once they sell out, no other phone sales will be eligible for this Offer.”

Yes, advertising a promotion that is good for a week and then only offering enough phones to last for about 1/2 hour in the middle of the night is very misleading and is sure to piss off many customers. It is hard to believe that they would do this. Did the Motorola Z Play sell out like this in no time under this promotion?

It’s still available and in fact they extended the promotion dates until the 19th.

I opened the web page for this phone in an incognito window as they suggested and it still shows out of stock. What did you do to make it show up as available?

Hi @allenr.2qaf4k ,

The Ascend has sold out.

@louisdi is referring to the Moto Z Play’s promotion being extended through the 19th. Are you also seeing that as out of stock?