Is there supposed to be a SIM card in the box?

I just got my new G4 PLAY phone. I purchased it from Republic Wireless. Is there supposed to be a SIM card in the box? Or installed in the phone? I don’t see one and I get a notification that it is missing.

1 Like

Hi @williamcc!

Uh oh! There is supposed to be a SIM with the phone. Generally, it comes uninstalled. Make sure you double check the packaging to make sure it didn’t fall out. Next I would open the SIM slot just to make sure it isn’t there. If it’s not there, I would recommend opening a support ticket at Republic Help. They will be able to provide you with one. Sorry about that!

mb2x

Okay. So the SIM was hiding against the wall of the box. It had some kind of static attraction and I didn’t notice it at first. But now I am baffled by the fact that the SIM card seems bigger than the slot it is supposed to go in. I keep looking at the pictures on the instruction page and it seems like I am supposed to just slide it into place.

The SIM module itself comes in 3 sizes. You “break away” the part that fits your phone. Look very closely at the SIM and you should see faint lines where the proper size for your phone breaks away.

1 Like

Here’s a good video that shows the required size, micro.

Motorola Moto G4 Play: Inserting the SIM Card, Battery & Memory Card (11 of 11) | Consumer Cellular - YouTube

Message an
Expert customer