J7 going to voicemail without ringing

What phone do you have?

What plan are you on?

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?

Issue Description

New to RW and I have a Samsung J7 2018 phone. I thought everything was going along fine until I discovered my phone often does not ring and goes directly to my voicemail. My Choice Plan talk, text and data. I can always call out without a problem, the problem is with receiving calls. I can call my phone from my landline and it will ring. I’ve had several friends call me on their cell phones and could not get through, they go directly to voicemail. Another called me today on his cell and it rang fine.
After reading some of the comments on here, I just went into my phone and did a clean up and optimization of the phone. It remains to be seen if this will cure the problem, has anyone else experienced this?

android phones go to sort of a sleep mode called doze

read over and try

Thank you, I will give it a try. Sounds very logical. I suppose some of the new technology that has been installed on these phones attempting to save battery power are the culprit. This phone and my tablets both have much longer lasting batteries than previous versions.

@richardr.fvri6a Did you have any luck resolving this issue?

I downloaded the macdroid app as suggested and it appears to be working. I don’t get a large amount of calls, but so far I have not had the issue of any not ringing. Thank you all for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.