Just received new phone; where are sim cards?

sim

I just received my new Moto Z Play 32 gb, and found the tool to open the sim card tray, but find nothing that seems to be a sim card, I’ve torn apart everything in hopes of finding it, but no luck. Might it be somewhere I wouldn’t think to look???

0 Likes

Is it the thing in the card that looks like a credit card? Directions mention two, but there’s only one, I think.

0 Likes

Hi @marinad.eevybn

Yes. There are multiple sizes of SIM cards, they can be punched-out to the correct size for your device.

Installing Your SIM Card – Republic Help

The Moto Z Play uses the Nano SIM.
Please insert over a clean/dry surface as it is small. I know from experience. If in the next 2.5 years I really need a RW Sim, I have one stored in a couch.
:relaxed:

5 Likes

Thanks! Got it installed, but it sure seemed loose on the holder.

2 Likes

Oh, yikes! The phone is updateing and I get a running banner at the top that says “no sim card, emergency calls only”. I haven’t transferred my phone number yet, and suppose I must wait until it’s updated?

0 Likes

I would let it run. You have the community’s attention. We will watch along with you.

1 Like

Thank you:-) I’m a bit of a dunce, I guess.

0 Likes

Absolutely not. You figured out how to ask a question here in the community, and that’s brilliant in my humble opinion.

:grinning:

5 Likes

Thanks. I’ve found the community to be very helpful folks when I’ve needed
help.

3 Likes

So, is there some trick to installing the sim card? I thought I inserted it properly…it’s just loose on that tiny tray, but message says “no sim card”.

0 Likes

Hi again @marinad.eevybn

There could be other issues I am not aware of, but at this point I would ask, did you browse the link?.
I’m asking because I believe the device shares the SIM tray with the SD tray… meaning, two small card placements. It is in the SIM portion of the dual tray as opposed to the SD card portion?.

3 Likes

This is the video for installing the Sim. I believe the underside of the tray is for an SD card if you want to use one.

4 Likes

I think I got it…no more “no sim” message. Had to really press hard to get it snug. Now, I’ve missed the chance to verify my phone number…message went to old phone and I put in the message id, not the code. Sigh. Now installing the Republic update.

6 Likes

Your a trooper @marinad.eevybn :relaxed:

We will insist you get up running before the night is over…
:slight_smile:

5 Likes

I am up and running now! That danged sim card is hokey, but I finally got it right. Phone works great; all my apps from the old Moto X are on the new phone, I can receive calls and text messages…Yayyyyyy! Thanks for your help…I very much appreciate it.

7 Likes

This is an amazing thread. Really glad you’re up and running with your new phone @marinad.eevybn.

Kudos to the Ambassadors. Thanks to your tremendous guidance, this was only going to end one way – success!

4 Likes

Thanks, Ryan. My hubs and I have been happy Republic customers for over three years now, after bailing from Verizon:-) Republic Ambassadors are the best!

3 Likes

Hi, I just received a new phone to replace one that has issues. They are both nexus p. I did not get a sim card with the new one and its asking for one. Do I just transfer the one from the old phone??

0 Likes

Hi @allenc.415asw,

Sometimes the SIM is preinstalled in the phone, sometimes it’s included in the packing materials and must be user installed. Do you see a credit card sized piece of plastic among the packing materials? Please look carefully, it’s been known to conceal itself well including under the box flaps.

If not there, please do give using the SIM from your broken 6P a shot. It may or may not work.

2 Likes

closed #21

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes

Message an
Expert customer