Keeping the screen on FULL Bright when plugged in

Motorola G5 Plus
My Choice +1GB
Included Data
What phone do you have?
What plan are you on?
Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?

Issue Description

I want to have my screen on full bright when plugged in. I use the navigation on a motorcycle and cannot wake the screen with gloves on. No matter what I try–system settings, Lux Dash etc It will dim quickly and then sleep after 30 minutes. Is there any solution here?
Thanks

Perhaps this article will help:

The article above references Developer options. To enable this option, go to Settings -> About Phone and tap the Build number 7 times. You will get a message that the Developer Option is enabled.

5 Likes

As not all Androids are created equal, you may find that this might not fully do what you need.
You may want to consider the MacroDroid App from Google Play
This will allow you to build what you need … Like: If not withing home geofense, and on the charger then …whatever else needed
This app has been very successful for many of us in overcoming the Android problem that turns off the WiFi when the phone is idle. (see this thread) Are your calls coming in on Cell or going to voicemail when your phone is sleeping?

This works until it doesn’t…after ~15 minutes the screen dims so it is unreadable in daylight. Thanks for the response though.

I have used MacroDroid but none of the actions seem to help. I made one that is set up to keep screen brightness at 100% if the phone is moving. Total failure. If you have a better solution or macro idea let me know. I just hate to pay $500 for a GPS when the phone is capable except for this one factor.

Hmm. I wonder if that is a screen or temperature protection strategy that is Moto specific?

I can’t test, but they have recently added a Geofence function

It seems to hold on longer while plugged into the wall. Maybe the bike is not sending enough juice? How do I tell if there’s an overheat going on with the screen? Thanks

There are apps for that (they read the phone’s temperature sensor). I don’t use them, but I’ve never really had a need. Even if you could read the temperature, there’s not too much you can do to influence it (and it’s entirely possible that this isn’t the issue).

It seems like part of the issue may be power input from the bike’s 12V system. The phone has been plugged into the wall for over an hour now and the screen is on full bright. I’ll see what can be done about that…

1 Like

Hi @johng.7opc5q,

Any chance it’s your charger?

We’d be glad to send you a new Motorola TurboPower 15 car charger if that would help you troubleshoot.
(Sorry, I don’t even know if a motorcycle uses the same kind of charger as a car. :blush:)

1 Like

I think it IS the charger, or maybe just the cord. When trying with another cord it seems to work. So go figure, all this time it might have been that. If I can get another “turbo charger” for the phone that would be great!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer