Length of Support

How long do you support a phone? If I buy a phone now, will I have to replace it in 2 years? We typically keep our phones longer than average.

Hi @jtiem8138

Republic Wireless is actually a service provider, not an actual phone manufacturer. Manufacturers and Google are the ones that determine support or EOL (end of life) for electronic device support.

There are customers that are still using the Defy XT on the Beta plan, …and likely many, many more on the 2.0 plan as well.

RW use to have a 30-day return policy, but that has change to 14 days. That said, they are known to go above and beyond for their customers.[quote=“jtiem8138, post:1, topic:9389, full:true”]
How long do you support a phone? If I buy a phone now, will I have to replace it in 2 years? We typically keep our phones longer than average
[/quote]

Welcome to Republic Wireless.
:grin:

[quote=“jtiem8138, post:1, topic:9389”]
If I buy a phone now, will I have to replace it in 2 years?
[/quote]No.

RW supports their service availability for phones longer than mfgs. typically support part/updates.

Hi @jtiem8138
The Defy Xt phone is a little over 5yrs old in use at RW and think the stock phones without the rom hybrid modifications (just a stock Motorola Defy Xt) was in use before that so it is a old phone and RW supports their modified brands still. (5yrs)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.