LibreVox app connectivity

What phone do you have?
Moto G7 Play
What plan are you on?
My Choice = 1 GB
Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?
Data?

Issue Description

While listening to an audio book during my daily walk, for the last several days at about a block away from my home I lose audio and a message that Internet Service is not available. I always download my books and never experienced this before. I was and am under the impression that when I download I am only using the battery and no other resources. I re-downloaded the book and this issue persisted. In looking over the settings I observed that the “Mobile network Republic” is grayed out. I have no idea if this is contributing to the problem but I am perplexed as to the why of this anomaly. When outside of the area of my residence I have not had a problem placing calls. Hope you can help resolve this issue, I miss my book. Also, on each occasion this occurs I switch to music files and have no problem.

Hi @nickr.3jtsg2,

This notification is coming from the app used to listen to audio books? If so, may we know what the app in question is?

That would seemingly be how things should work, hence the previous request for the name of the audio book app.

I don’t believe this is the source of the issue, however, we’'ll see.

When out about walking where you typically listen to audio books, are you able to browse the Internet using Google Chrome and/or check email?

These are music files already stored on your phone not music being streamed, correct?

2 Likes

Thank you for responding

This notification is coming from the app used to listen to audio books? If so, may we know what the app in question is?

LibreVox

Not sure what happened. Using LibreVox, I removed the audio book in question, as well as others in the series, and downloaded them once again. The “Mobile network Republic” is no longer grayed out. I would certainly appreciate knowing what I did to cause the app to gray out.

When out about walking where you typically listen to audio books, are you able to browse the Internet using Google Chrome and/or check email?

Unfortunately I did not think to do this simple task you suggest. I did in follow up and do as you suggested and had no problem checking email or browsing the Internet. Perhaps this is in line with what occurred in previous statement regarding “Mobile network Republic” .I also turned off WiFi when I did your suggested test. The book is also working now on Mobile network as well as off network and WiFi.

These are music files already stored on your phone not music being streamed, correct?

Correct, music files are stored on my phone as are the audio books.

It would appear that the anomaly has corrected. Remaining is a possible determination of how and what I did to cause this issue.

1 Like

Candidly, this sounds more like a LibreVox app glitch than anything you might have done. I appreciate not knowing precisely what happened and, therefore, not knowing what might be done to avoid a future recurrence isn’t the most satisfying answer.

Clearing a glitching app’s data (more or less what you did by deleting books and re-downloading them is a common troubleshooting step. Your answers to the rest of my questions suggest your phone is functioning as it should. For now, we’ll just need to write this one off as a random app glitch unless it were to reoccur.

Message an
Expert customer