List of unnecessary apps for Moto X Pure edition to save data on updates

apps

I’m trying to save data involved in unnecessary app upgrades. I know you just can’t start deleting apps as some are necessary for phone operation. Is there a list of these? Regards, Tom

Hi @tkerrigan,

If the desire is to minimize cell data use and storage space is not a concern, why not simply limit app updates to those times one is on WiFi? To do so:

1. Open the Play Store app.
  2. Tap three stacked lines to the left of the words Google Play.
  3. Scroll to, then tap Settings.
  4. Tap Auto-update apps.
  5. Verify Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only or Do not auto-update apps is selected.
5 Likes

tkerrigan,

Sounds like you’re wanting remove apps/updates from your storage. I too wish there was a list.

You can go to Apps in Settings and delete or disable without much worry. The necessary ones won’t allow those changes. I also check the amount of data in the disabled app’s Storage and clear,

if you have apps that you don’t use or foresee using than a good starting place would be the following

Some of the bundled apps that you may consider disabling include Assist, Cloud Print, Drive, Google Play Books, Google Play Games, Google Play Movies and TV, Google Play Newsstand, Google+, Hangouts, HP Print Service Plugin, Motorola Alert, and Motorola Migrate. Rule of thumb, if you don’t know for sure, leave the app enabled.

I got this from @carlh blog post about saving space on the Moto E

closed #5

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer