Locked Phone and new PIN not working

What phone do you have? Motto G5 Plus

What plan are you on? My Choice + 2G

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? data is included

Issue Description

I previously had a pattern lock on my phone and then changed it to a four digit pin. For whatever reason I am unable to access my phone with the new pin. Can you do anything to help so I don’t have to do a factory reset and loose all my family photos, etc? Like by assigning a temporary pin, or emailing me instructions to reset it somehow otherwise? Whatever help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Locked out - forgotten pass code

Hi @jenniferw.m95g8i,

I’m afraid there is no other solution for your conundrum. The need for a factory reset when unable to get past screen lock security is intended as an anti-theft mechanism. It’s a very effective one and there’s nothing Republic or anyone else might do to bypass it.

When you do that factory reset from recovery, please be absolutely certain you use the same Google account as is currently in use on your phone and do not change the password to your Google account in the meantime. Otherwise, you’ll trigger Android’s so-called “kill switch” another anti-theft feature.

Regarding your family photos, please take a look at photos.google.com using a computer’s web browser. Hopefully, Google has been backing them up for you.