Looking for a clean polished texting app that will work with Republic

Hello, I am looking for a nice looking texting app for use on Moto G4 on the Republic network. I was fine with Google’s until its recent changes. The coloring is just driving me crazy. I tried ever customization possible and still hate it.

I switched to Republic Anywhere which I love the feel and look buts its size limit on GIFs and such is ridiculously small. Plus I’m having trouble with it getting messages through to me. A lot of times when I open the app I find texts from others that were not downloaded. After clicking on them they download fine.

Is there any other options? I like the look of Pulse but when i download it it wants to manage my calls as well. I’m afraid giving it such permission will screw with the basic call function of Republic. Please help.

Hi @daniels.9cmwbw,

Allowing Pulse to manage calls shouldn’t interfere with the Republic app per se. Messaging apps ask for that permission,so they might pass a request to make a call from within one’s messaging app to the phones’s dialer. Contacts asks for the permission for this purpose as well.

Having said that, to the best of my knowledge, Pulse doesn’t work properly with Republic’s blended WiFi/cell service and attempting to use it will result in repeated notifications you’re using an incompatible messaging app. For what it’s worth, the only supported apps are Android Messages and Republic Anywhere.

Other apps, I’m aware of that do work despite being unsupported by Republic are noted here: Alternate Text Messaging Apps for Samsung Galaxy S7s. You may disregard the reference to Samsung’s Galaxy S7s. If they still work, they’ll work with any Republic 3.0 phone.

Other apps, I’m aware of that do work despite being unsupported by Republic are noted here: Alternate Text Messaging Apps for Samsung Galaxy S7s . You may disregard the reference to Samsung’s Galaxy S7s. If they still work, they’ll work with any Republic 3.0 phone.

Thanks. I tried Textra before and wasn’t impressed. Just tried Signal and he’s a nice app but has same goofy low attachment threshold. I’ll have to investigate Chomp in a bit.

I prefer the look, and features of Textra Pro

Same boat. What would it take for Pulse to be compatible? It’s depressing that our only official options are Android Messages or Anywhere.
Just raise the gif limit with Anywhere already because that’s just stupidly small.

Pulse works just fine. The Republic App won’t recognize that it does however. That throws a notification about changing your app. Go to your Republic App, click the gear, go to Advanced Settings and uncheck the “Show incompatible messenger”, that’ll get rid of the error message (on 3.0 phones).

I have used Textra (the paid version) .
But I recently switched to Pulse as it works better with my Samsung Galaxy watch and also has a very nice web and PC application.