So, I have not been able to set up my Extend device successfully.
Or, more accurately, I believe I set it up successfully initially, but then un-associated it and have not been able to get it to work again.
The problem now is that I cannot get the “phone” icon light to stay lit so I can complete the set up.
Things I’ve tried:
- Rebooting (multiple times)
- Factory resetting (multiple times)
- Connecting different phones
- Disconnecting and reconnecting the router
- Trying a different phone cord/cable to connect the phone and Extend device
- Waiting long and patiently between different steps
- Badgering @rolandh and @louisdi for hours to see if they could come up with a fix (no luck)
- Patting my head and jumping on one foot
Nothing has worked.
After rebooting or doing a factory reset, the blue phone icon light will flash briefly, but it never comes back on and stays on.
Theory 1: I fried the device when I misread the instructions and initially connected the phone cord directly from the wall to the Extend (still using copper wiring here for the landline).
Theory 2: I have no Theory 2.
Is there any hope here?