Loss of data while traveling, Moto X4

Been digging around here trying to see if there was a solution to this problem. I had this exact same issue this weekend traveling from southern Wisconsin to northern Indiana through Chicago. On my way down I had no issues at all with my phone - could access data, text and call no problem. Three days later on my way back, nothing. No data, no texting, didn’t try to call so not sure if that was dead or not. I tried re-booting several times. Shut off my phone, looked all over in any settings I could find to no avail. I wasn’t in airplane mode and I showed a strong signal. Also had only used a tiny amount of my data before the trip - not even close to being out of that. Phone didn’t work until I arrived at home and connected to my wifi. I don’t make long trips too often but I do rely on my phone when I make them. Makes me a little nervous next time I go out! Any ideas? I tried following the steps regarding updating the data profile from the link above. At step 9, there is no “Carrier Settings” so I can’t hit “Update device config”. I also have the Moto X4 if this helps. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello @davidh.8j9abs

I’m going to suggest an Activation Refresh.
Please see instructions below:

Let us know how it goes :slight_smile:

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it and still don’t have any internet connection or texting ability. Think I’m going to open a help ticket.

You would only see this if your Moto X4 is provisioned for CDMA coverage. If it’s provisioned for GSM coverage, these steps do not apply. The first step would be determining which SIM type your Moto X4 is provisioned with. Here’s how:

Please let us know if you see GSM or CDMA as the SIM type?

Thanks rolandh, my phone is CDMA. I opened a help ticket and was able to get everything working again. I had to reset my cell settings and refresh my Republic wireless activation. Help ticket was answered very quickly. Great help here with the community and with Republic. Thanks!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer