forgot password to Moto X 2nd gen. How do I reset without losing contentws.
You will have to factory reset the phone and have the proper Gmail credentials when the phone asks for them. Your contacts and calendar will be restored to the phone by Google. If you configured the Photos app to work with the Google cloud you will have all your photos here:
The apps you purchased will all be in your Play Store account.
Here are the factory reset instructions for your model:
- Turn off your phone.
- Unplug any USB or power cables from the phone.
- Press and hold both the VOL DOWN and POWER buttons at the same time for 2-3 seconds, then release both buttons.
- The phone will display different boot options. Use** VOL DOWN** to scroll through the options to RECOVERY and press the VOL UP button to select.
- The phone will display the Motorola logo, then the Android figure lying down with an exclamation point with the words No Command underneath. Press and hold the POWER button and tap the VOL UP button. Note: If you wait too long to make a selection, the phone will reboot and you will need to start the process again.
- The phone will display additional menu options, with text in blue. Use the VOL DOWN button to scroll to Wipe data/factory reset and press the POWER button to select it.
- Use the VOL DOWN button to select YES**- delete all user data**.
- Press the POWER button to confirm.
- Once formatting is complete, press the POWER button to confirm a REBOOT.
- Your phone will reboot normally.
**Note: **If you had a screen lock set up (pin, pattern or password) prior to performing a factory reset, you’ll be asked to enter the Google email address and password associated with your phone during the setup process.
in a loop asking to verify after resetting. How do I get out of this?
Are you connected to WiFi? Did you enter your Gmail address and password correctly? Remember, these are case-sensitive and won’t work if there are any spaces.
Is the Play Store crashing. I had this happen a while ago. the last time I did a factory reset, the problem wen t away. Any way, this work around helped me. You have to manually update the Google Play Store and Services, then it will allow you to login to your Google account.
Here’s the thread: Moto X (2nd Gen) Google Services Not Working After Factory Reset
During the factory reset process you must enter 3 sets of credentials, WiFi, Gmail, and Republic Wireless. It is common for people to get these confused. Once you get this fixed I suggest you create a password document listing all sets of credentials and keep it in a safe place at home.
The answer you marked as correct is confusing. If there is an actual correct answer in this thread please change to that one since other people who find this thread will otherwise be confused.