Lost phone-please help!

What phone do you have? Moto g5s

What plan are you on? ?

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? everything

Issue Description

My phone was stolen at the gym! It was locked with a key pad number to open it! I don’t know what to do!

If it had a lock screen set. There is no way to bypass that, by normal means.

If they factory reset the phone,(via recovery) it will engage the Google Lock and only your Google account will unlock it.

1 Like

I set the lock code when I baught it. Can they get into it without the correct code? I’m going to call tomorrow and see if it was turned in where I left it before it was stolen.

As the help article said, login to Find My Device on a computer and u can track or even wipe and lock the phone remotely.

It is locked and needs a my code to unlock it! Is it safe to leave it the way it is without wiping it? They could return it.

That is up to you. No phone is 100% secure.
Average person would not be able to get into phone, but depending on the model and software version and tech skills of the person who has it, it may be possible.
If you have sensitive info on it that u want to make sure no one can get, then I would remote wipe it.

Don’t know if there is sensitive info on there, but they can get into my e-mails!

Have u tried using the Find My Device to track the phone?
I would try that first thing, before the battery dies.
If that gives a location, u can track it down or call the Police to recover it.

Here is Google guide to using Find My Device
https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6160491?hl=en

1 Like

Thank you!

It says no devise activated!

are u login into the Google account that was on the phone?

No, I went there to where it said and thats what it said!

Then either you are not logged in to the correct Google account…or the phone does not met the criteria as listed on that page.

To use Find My Device, your lost device must:

• Be turned on
  • Be signed in to a Google Account
  • Be connected to mobile data or Wi-Fi
  • Be visible on Google Play
  • Have Location turned on
  • Have Find My Device turned on

Hi @randyp.omibvf,

If you phone shows notifications on the lock screen then the person who found it will see those notifications. Without knowing your PIN, however, they cannot access your E-mail.

1 Like

My phone was returned to me!

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer