Lost phone today

I’m trying to reactivate my old Republic Moto G phone…but I lost my purse too with my debit card…I have an active account, which I paid on Feb. 22, 2020. Why can’t I just activate it, with this active account?

Hi @marykv,

Have you tried locating the lost phone? There’s some advice on that here: My phone is lost or was stolen - now what?.

Regarding reactivating your Moto G; are you certain you’re signing in with the user credentials (email and password) for the account housing the lost phone. Please sign in here: https://account.republicwireless.com/account/phones/. Do you see your lost phone there when you do so? If not, you’re not using the email address associated with the account housing the lost phone, which would explain why you’re being prompted to enter payment information when attempting to activate the Moto G.

The email address associated for with the account housing your lost phone is the one the receives email billing invoices from Republic.

Hi @marykv,

I’m sorry to hear of your experience. We request payment information at activation to prevent unauthorized charges on your account.

Do your bank statements have the debit card information on them? If not, perhaps you could get the information by calling the bank?

I will see what I can do. Thanks

Maria

I’m very, very frustrated, trying to transfer my lost cell # to my Moto G phone that I used for 3 yrs. it was my first Republic phone.

Maria

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer