Love my Moto G4

I signed up for RW at the beginning of January 2017 and recieved my Moto G4. This is the best phone I’ve ever had. My previous phone was a Samsung Galaxy S4. I love the battery life, fast charging, less manufacturer forced crap in the OS, and the simple Moto features like “chop” to turn on flashlight are really convenient. I love how vmail works on this phone, too.

So far, I couldn’t be happier with the RW experience. My phone works and works well. I am unable to tell a difference between calls on WiFi vs cellular, and switching between the 2 is seamless–I cannot tell. I was concerned about the legendary, less-than-stellar Sprint coverage, but the reality is, as often as I’m on WiFi with many businesses offering free WiFi, my phone works in more places than it did with Verizon. When I am on the Sprint network, that is working great, too.

I have found that 1GB is more than plenty for me. I use my phone wherever and whenever I want, but I don’t regularly stream video or audio when on cellular. I’ve found it easy to download that content on Wifi for playback later. That said, 1GB leaves plenty of bandwidth to stream a few YouTube videos, download a few podcasts, etc.

5 Likes

Great testimonial. RW phones work much better for people like you who understand the WiFi advantage and connect to WiFi when out and about. Most of friends with RW phones hardly use any cell data. I use about I’m 10 days into my current billing period and have use 6 Mb of my 1024 Mb allotment. I just wish they were able to stick with their refund plan.

Thanks, @billg.

I just wish they were able to stick with their refund plan.

I did not even know about this. That is an advantage I think I have in my RW experience. Since I was not an early adopter, I was not along for the sometimes painful ride as RW figured this thing out. I feel like I walked into a highly polished onboarding experience and a system that works very well.

I love telling my friends my all-in cell phone bill including all fees and taxes is LESS THAN $24/mo. Their next question is whether that includes unlimited data. When I explain it’s only 1GB per month at that price, most don’t get it–they stop listening at that point. A lot of people are “lazy” with their data, but data is where the cost is. Many of today’s music subscription services allow you to download music to the device for offline listening. I’ve found it easy to just be a little bit smart about when I stream media. Let’s also remember that at $10/GB, RW has data priced inline with other carriers. So if you want more data in a particular month, it’s $10 away.

I have WiFi at home, at my client’s office, at the coffee shop, at the grocery store, at most restaurants, at my friends & relatives houses. My phone is configured to connect to these networks automatically. Other than when I’m in my car, I often have Wifi.

Bluetooth

I do want to mention a new issue…I think it’s an issue anyway. Due to a recent update I assume, my phone has started having a problem connecting to my vehicle’s Bluetooth system. Google tells me others (not just RW people) are having this problem, too. One person discovered this tip that works for me, too: simply put your phone in Airplane Mode for 1 second then back onto normal data. This does something to reset connectivity so the Bluetooth connection works.

I’ve got a LOT of storage in my S7, enough to store my entire 4000+ iTunes music library. Works great when I’m “on the road again.”

Troywolf wrote:

Bluetooth

I do want to mention a new issue…I think it’s an issue anyway. Due to a recent update I assume, my phone has started having a problem connecting to my vehicle’s Bluetooth system. Google tells me others (not just RW people) are having this problem, too. One person discovered this tip that works for me, too: simply put your phone in Airplane Mode for 1 second then back onto normal data. This does something to reset connectivity so the Bluetooth connection works.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing that.

This thread has some additional suggestions and workaround

Moto G4 Bluetooth Failure

It is now Oct, 2017. Just wanted to follow up to say this BT issue went away. :slight_smile:

3 Likes
Message an
Expert customer