Low volume on new phone(Moto G Power 2020)

Ok, I just activated my new Moto g power(2020) with Republic(bought the phone on Amazon) and decided to test it by calling my brother. He said that he could hardly hear me. I had the volume up high and that didn’t help. Read some other posts here with similar complaints that discussed that the problem could be when on Wifi so they turned their Wifi calling off and it got better. But those posts that I read were older posts so I don’t know if there have been any updates.
Anyone have any other suggestions because I don’t want to be using cell all the time?

Did you remove the protective temporary screen cover that comes on the phone? This may seem obvious, but it’s happened on more than one occasion.

There was a plastic cover that it slid out of, and yes I did that. I looked at the phone again to see if there was another protector on the screen but there wasn’t. Unless there is one super glued to the phone I don’t think that’s it, unfortunately. I wish it were that simple. I don’t relish the thought of having to send the phone back especially after having all my stuff transferred to it from the old phone.

I’m afraid I don’t have any advice for boosting outgoing call volume. You may want to make a few more calls to be certain the call to your brother wasn’t an anomaly.

A couple of other things that I have seen that would help narrow the problem down or possibly provide a fix

1. Remove it from the case … any better?
  2. Try the call using the speaker … any different
  3. Try making the call to the same party using cell … any better?

ETA: @sterlingh.uuleag … Sorry, hit the wrong Reply

2 Likes
  1. When I first tried it I didn’t even have a case, so that makes no difference.
  2. & 3. I combined both of your questions because I did try it using cell and while doing that I also tried speaker phone. My brother said that while on cell he could hear me a little more, and then when I switched to speaker there was a weird noise that both of us heard, so I switched it back to the regular speaker and he said that now his voice was echoing back to him terribly.
    Since then it has been hit or miss. When I have called him since then sometimes he can hear me ok and sometimes he says it is softer, but better than the first time.

I will say that in response to cbwahlstrom’s suggestion, I have called other people and they said they could hear me fine, so it could have been an anomaly with my brother’s phone I guess. Though sometimes when I call my mom on her landline phone she can’t hear me at all(I can hear her) and I have to call back and then she can hear me, so who knows?.

Mainly I have been satisfied with my new phone, though. It is just a ■■■■ shoot wondering if the people I call can hear me well or not and are too polite to say they can’t if I don’t ask them.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer