Maintaining phone number and contacts after deactivation

Hey folks,
Times are tough and I can’t afford to pay my phone bill this month. Can I reactivate my phone next month with the same phone number and contacts? Better yet, can I transfer my phone number and contacts over to a phone with a cheaper plan after deactivation. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Hi @roberth.lrjci0,

I’m sorry to hear of the circumstances! Generally, it’s not possible to keep one’s number if service to the phone is cancelled. There may, however, be less expensive alternatives to what you’re currently paying for service. To help us best help you, may we know the brand, model and generation of the phone you’re currently using with Republic?

Regarding contacts; they would stay on your phone even if deactivated. Additionally, let’s see if they’re being backed up to Google’s cloud. You may check by pointing your computer’s web browser here: contacts.google.com

Please let us know and we’ll go from there.

1 Like

Hi @roberth.lrjci0,

Thanks for your question in Community. Some of our Community members, like @rolandh have a wealth of information about saving your number if you do need to cancel, and alternate ways to save money on your cell phone service.

I’ve opened a ticket on your behalf at https://republicwireless.com/account/tickets/detail/?ticket-id=1579215 so I can talk to you about some options, as well.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer