Meet Republic Referrals (BETA)

promotions
outdated

Republic Referrals is now in BETA.

Due to the on-going nature of the program and its frequent changes, details of Republic Referrals have been archived.

If you’d like to potentially participate in the various Republic Referral programs, please make sure to opt in the privacy section under your account settings.

Note: The Republic Wireless Community Guidelines prohibit the posting of referral codes in Community sites, although they are allowed in your personal Community profile.

Question about Influencer Program
The Community Move: Knowledge base Edition

Well, it’s better than nothing. Since I’m not a big referral person it seems fine, but I do use two other carriers who simply make the reward a service credit. One offers $50 for the first referral and $25 for subsequent referrals, the other offers $20 per referral (up to 10 referrals).

Hi @cbwahlstrom,

It’s a Beta for a reason! We’re being intentional in this launch to study everything about how it works and we’ll evaluate individual feedback such as yours alongside adoption rate and use data.

when Republic said a another referral program was coming back in October of 2014 I didn’t realize it would be over 2 and a half years to put it together (most just assume it was gone for ever after 6 months of no news)

I see this one as a beta program has a built in end date (8-31 with last payout being 9-30)

Have you solve the issue of people spamming the number on social media/or selling it on eBay?

Hi @drm186,

We can’t solve for human nature, but by setting limits and making the code far more personalized, we hope people will use some restraint. It’s definitely one of the points we’ll be evaluating as part of the Beta!

So, by “Beta” you mean “Marketing Research”. There’s English, then there’s “Republic English”

At first glance the card idea doesn’t sound too appealing, but if Amazon takes it, then I guess it’s almost as good as cash. Well, just so long as it isn’t one of those lame cards with high transaction fees and, worse yet, a non-use fee that slowly eats away at your balance if you don’t use it right away.

Spend on e-gift cards or donate to a non-profit. Use now or spend later. No expiration date and never any fees.

(from The Tango Card - Tango Card® )

By “Beta,” we mean that it’s a release to a very limited number of participants that will be evaluated to determine whether it should be rolled out across our entire membership, and if so, what changes and considerations need to be in place first.

Our marketing research often involves consumer surveys, and I’m not aware whether any follow-up surveys are planned for this project.

The Referral program is definitely something our marketing team is overseeing. Multiple departments will be studying its impact in-depth, so I suppose that’s a form of research.

Edited to add:

if Amazon takes it, then I guess it’s almost as good as cash

Ha! That’s exactly what I told Mr. Southpaw!!

I wonder if there is a way to add a gift card option to our RW accounts, not just for the Tango but for any card someone want to use to gift someone else product or service. For example I could give someone a prepaid Visa for Christmas and they could add it as a second card to their account. The second card would be used until exhausted and any remaining amount would be drawn from the first (primary) card.

Just a thought

If the RW member (Code Owner) friends their Code the friend uses the Code & RW emails the Code Owner that the friend used the Code to Activate the phone. Now with all that said

WHY couldn’t the Email or Text be one with a Code and a link that I have to acknowledge & text a random RW generated Code into the link. This could be Email or Text based like Google confirming you are the owner of the account or (Code) when resetting a password. RW can send email or text to the Code Owner, a random special Code that need returned to RW. This would stop most of the scams but not all scams.

(“scams are devised every day & for that scams will always be there. Scams are like a cockroach and will survive world destruction”) laughs*** ~~ßocephous™***

Hi @bocephous,

I’m having trouble understanding specifically what kind of scam this would stop.

One thing to keep in mind (and this is to everyone, not just you, @bocephous) is that we’re going to try this program and carefully evaluate it. If we find things that need attention, we will then give them attention. We don’t need to start fixing things before we’ve even given this a chance. And before anyone tries to translate that for me, it doesn’t mean “hush, we don’t want to hear it.” It just means that I wouldn’t expect to see implementation during this phase of any suggestions that alter how the program is currently defined; but someone may very well suggest something that ends up being a great idea to work into a future trial or final package.

Some of the suggestions so far involve RW account credits. One of the purposes of using the Tango gift cards rather than an account credit was that fulfillment required minimal development resources – so our engineers and programmers can maintain their focus on things like fine-tuning Anywhere and bringing some exciting new concepts to reality. However, I’ll make sure that those who are doing the evaluating hear the feedback that there would be excitement around a program that offered account credits.

From a consumer point of view, especially for the referee who is newly testing our service, I like the idea of the Tango gift card because, should I decide RW is not a fit for me and I leave, that account credit would be forfeited, but the Tango card is mine to keep… well, spend!

@southpaw@rw

@beng started the discussion16 hours ago

We just posted a Help Update about our new BETA program, Republic Referrals!

Feel free to discuss the program and leave your thoughts on it in this thread.

By the way @beng stated

Feel free to discuss the program and leave your thoughts on it in this thread.

southpaw@rw wrote:

I’m having trouble understanding specifically what kind of scam this would stop.

If I were RW just throwing Tango cards of FREE CASH to the Minions you bet your SWEET [redacted] there will be scammers!!!

I hope RW don’t blow this one (3 times a charm) and not have a 2 step security system in place.

southpaw@rw wrote:

We don’t need to start fixing things before we’ve even given his a chance. And before anyone tries to translate that for me, it doesn’t mean “hush, we don’t want to hear it.” It just means that I wouldn’t expect to see implementation during this phase of any suggestions that alter how the program is currently defined

If you want to stop criminals and scams you need to think like a criminal and scammer to beat them at their game. Just like the Spammers in the community that kept up a couple months, you fight back. So let’s say how they scammed, by reselling the codes on ebay, and other ways they lied to profited. While honest people in the membership got scammed by RW out of their rewards saying there counts don’t add up.

WHATEVER

I don’t want a reply

You won’t hear another Idea from me again. All I said was a suggestion.

All the technical people writing this “the Republic Rewards plan” are smarter than I and RW got it wrong twice. I guess no ideas or advice is needed because they know it all.

Thanks for asking my thoughts!

*** ~~ßocephous™***

Moderator’s note: Content edited to remove profanity.

@bocephous,

Please allow me to try this again, because you took what I wrote and read it exactly the opposite of how I intended it.

Yes. We want you to discuss here. We would like to hear your feedback on the program. I want to hear it, the team that is managing the program wants to hear it, and others who will be involved in evaluating the program want to hear the feedback.

So I was trying to explain that we’re listening, but I also wanted to help everyone here understand that if you suggest something and you don’t see it implemented in this round, it does not mean it was ignored.

I also said I was having trouble understanding what kind of scam your suggestion would prevent. Me. First-person, singular. I am having trouble understanding it. I didn’t say it was bad, wrong, stupid, or anything else negative. I expressed that I need help understanding it. It would be nice if everyone here in Community could ask for help understanding things without being cussed at for asking.

There was not any problem with the previous implementation of a referral program that involved people being scammed out of their rewards by scammers.

So, even though you said you would not reply further, I hope you’ll read this and know that what I was asking was entirely opposite of what you heard. I’m asking you to tell me your thoughts and explain them to me in a way that I can understand. I’ve not suggested anyone here is smarter than you, in fact, what I am saying is that you have an idea that apparently I’m too dense to understand. I would appreciate the opportunity to better understand it. Every time I’ve seen two-factor authentication used, it’s for signing into things. In this example, what would you be signing into? Or maybe you’re wanting to use it in a way that I’ve just not seen before, and I’m just not grasping how it would work. If you won’t be so kind as to help me understand, maybe someone else who gets it will do so.

People will abuse the system (it’s human nature) I though one of the reason Republic stop the last program was the abuses of Twitter / Facebook spam and the many sales on eBay (most where $0.99 and had link in posting so one did not need to buy)

even on this board posting them was against the rules and even referencing them to our profiles was got a moderation

I don’t think a personalize code will limit, though it may make the best referrer think twice if to personal

if the procedure is to complex the new user will just move on to another deal

this needs to be a bit of K.I.S.S. (Keep it Simple S*****)

The way the program is structured you only receive reward for up to ten referrals. I don’t see an abuse problem (well, no more than any other referral program). A minor annoyance factor, maybe.

People will abuse the system (it’s human nature) I though one of the reason Republic stop the last program was the abuses of Twitter / Facebook spam and the many sales on eBay (most where $0.99 and had link in posting so one did not need to buy)

The 10-referral cap will at least restrict the effect of this type of abuse. The spirit of the program is that members are telling people they*** actually know** *about our service.

even on this board posting them was against the rules and even referencing them to our profiles was got a moderation

Those rules remain in effect, but not to prevent referrals from happening. The problem is that without such a rule, the Community would quickly devolve into nothing more than a collection of referral codes. Any question posed by any potential member would receive no answer of value, only multiple responses offering referral codes or pointing toward individual profiles.

Just a reminder, if you did not receive an invitation to participate in the Republic Referrals Beta and you’d like to do so, you can sign up on this form through May 9 to request that you be included in the program. (Signing up doesn’t guarantee you’ll be included.)

I’m very curious, did anyone who normally participates in Community receive the invitation? If so, what do you think? We’re already seeing some referrals, are they yours??

Wow. I missed out on this beta. I (finally) referred a family I know to Republic Wireless, and I hope to refer more people to Republic Wireless in the future–with or without rewards–because I like this service. Honestly, I like the idea of getting rewards, though. I’m glad you’re doing a beta program, and I hope it works out.

It looks like I need to pay more attention to this community forum at least from time to time…

Hi @franklinm.wx8mce,

I’m sorry you missed the announcement. We’d certainly love to see you more active in the Republic, though! We appreciate that you have told others about our service. I’m going to follow up with a private message to you, which you can find in your inbox, here: Community Forums