Message backup question

Does RepublicWireless offer message backup service for Android device? So once the message is deleted, we can restore from previous backup.

Hello @markd.hu5bsq
Welcome to the Community. :slightly_smiling_face:

No. They reccommend using a 3rd party app like:

1 Like

For the sake of clarity, generally, Republic itself does not recommend use of specific third party apps. Many Community members (myself included) suggest SMS Backup & Restore for backing up text messages on one’s Republic phone.

1 Like

I have seen @southpaw recommend them:

“If anyone typically has text messages that are of importance, regular back-ups with a third-party app are going to be the best practice.”

1 Like

Hi @SuperT,

Thanks for clarifying that you meant me specifically and highlighting my exact quote. As a company, Republic Wireless does not typically recommend or endorse specific third-party apps.

Thanks for the suggestion. Heard a lot of people recommend this app. Will give it a try later.

Official app is more welcomed and more secure. But you have to take the chance if it is not available.

i just used that app as a test to move messages from Pulse SMS to Google messages and it work fine. I did the local backup to a file on the phone, moved that file to other phone, and used restore method however…if u have an extreme about of messages, that will take lots of time and be sure u have the free space as the backup file will get quite large.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer