Missing and delayed texts

What phone do you have? Moto G 3rd Gen

What plan are you on? Republic Refund 1G

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Data up to 1 Gig.

Issue Description

Over the last couple of months, I have noticed my phone is missing some texts (particularly in a group) and today I received a text from a co worker who sent it around 10 a.m. but I didn’t receive it until after 3 p.m.
I have rebooted my phone (powered off/on) but I’m still missing communications. I have not noticed a common reason (such as away from wi-fi) It seems to occur randomly. Now, I do have the Google voice app on my phone so technically I have 2 numbers on my phone but it seems that the missing text issue emanates from the republic number and not the GV side. As far as I know, this issue has just started a couple of months ago, I’ve had my phone for well over a year. My wife has the same phone and we have not observed her missing any texts…

Hi @jeffb.wab31e,

I’m sorry to read that you’re experiencing some trouble receiving text messages. I don’t think this is something the Community will be able to answer or solve.

Please open a ticket and provide some recent examples of text messages that were delivered late (the number they were from and the times they were sent and received) so our technicians can try to determine what is causing this behavior.

1 Like

Another option is Republic Anywhere. It syncs to republic servers and seems to be better at not missing anything. I had this issue as well. When I upgraded to a new phone on a My Choice plan, I started with Anywhere. Have not had a problem since…

1 Like

I am having the same issue and will submit a ticket.

1 Like

Same here, created a ticket.

Message an
Expert customer