Moto 2 G 2nd gen sold outside republic

Hello all,

I found this in ebay

Motorola Moto G 8GB Black (2nd Gen)(US GSM) Phone (Unlocked) VG - In Box XT1064 | eBay

Will this ebay phone work with my current plan currently on Moto E 2nd Gen I bought directly from Republic wireless?

If It work, I plan to buy and keep it as stock/backup and when my current one no longer working, will replace with this one.

If this ebay phone work, how much will it cost me more to transition my current phone to this one, when it’s time to replace? (any sim card, setup fee, connection fee etc), I have to buy?

Please let me know step by step instruction how to transition from my current Moto E 2nd Gen I Gen bought directly from republic to this one from ebay and get it working on this ebay phone.

I appreciate in advance for anyone response,
Paulus

That particular eBay phone will not work with Republic Wireless. The only phones you can bring to replace your Moto E 2nd gen, and stay on your current 1.0 or 2.0 plan, would be Republic Wireless versions of the Moto E 1st and 2nd gen, Moto G 1st and 3rd gen, and Moto X 1st and 2nd gen). Buying tips can be found at Buying and Selling Used Republic Wireless Phones. eBay and Swappa are popular places to purchase those used Republic Wireless phones.

@cbwahlstrom is absolutely right and you may want to think about more up to date options such as the 3.0 phone/plans if the coverage is good in your area. For instance the Moto G4 Play is on sale for $100…B&H Photo Video .

No Contract Cell Phone Plans without the hidden fees | Republic Wireless

Bring your own phone to Republic! | Republic Wireless

4G LTE Coverage Map | Check Your 4G LTE Cell Phone Coverage | T-Mobile

Message an
Expert customer