Moto E 2 running super slow?

What phone do you have? Moto E 2

What plan are you on? Republic Refund 0GB

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Talk & Text

Issue Description

So I’m having an issue with my phone being super slow/glitchy and I’m not sure what to do. Sometimes it’s difficult to answer calls as selecting buttons and swiping doesn’t always work. The phone sometimes becomes unusable if someone calls me while I’m attempting to call them too.

I’ve basically uninstalled all apps except the default ones and uber/lyft. I’ve never had much on there except those and slack. I’m not really sure what else I can try. I appreciate any help.

Well, then, there are only two likely suspects left… Lyft and Uber. Before uninstalling those apps, you might try running the phone in Safe Mode for a day or two. If the problem persists, more drastic measure will probably be needed, like a full reset. If the problem goes away, then one of your ride hailing apps is misbehaving and you will need to delete/reinstall the apps.

I would recommend starting with a system cache clear: How to Clear the Android System Cache on 1.0 and 2.0 Phones – Republic Help

Wow, clearing the cache seems to have helped a lot. THANKS for the help! I have no idea how my phone works.