Moto e 2g with 4g lte switch sim cards?

So I have a moto e 2 gen w 4g lte.
My daughter cracked my screen. So far everything is working ok but I anticipate, if this goes as other cracked screens I’ve seen- it will stop working as well. This is not a good time for me to be buying new phones. I wondered if I bought a similar phone on ebay if I could yank the sim card out of mine and put it into the ebay phone?

Is that an option? Would I have to buy the exact same model number (xt1526) because that seems harder to find online? Is there anything else I would have to do to keep my service going? ANything I"m not thinking of or asking?

All I know is how to turn my phne on and turn it off adn use it the way I want to use it. I’m not a cell phone techy kind of person.

The SIM card in the Moto E (2nd Gen) must stay with it. It will not work in any other phone. If you buy a similar phone on eBay it should come with its SIM card. Only if you buy a used 3.0 phone (click on Phones at the top of this page) will you need a SIM card. They are available from RW and Amazon.

There are used Moto E2 phones for sale on Swappa. Currently they are selling for $64 and should come with the SIM already installed.

You can buy any Republic version of the Moto G1, G3, X1, X2, E1 or E2 model phones and keep your current plan.

Buying and Selling Used Republic Wireless Phones

https://swappa.com/buy/moto-e-2015-republic-wireless