Moto E (2nd Gen) receives text, but does not send

What phone do you have?
What plan are you on?
Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?

Issue Description

My son’s Moto E (2nd Gen) will receive a text, but no one receives his replies. We have emptied the cache, restarted in safe mode and tried the dialing ##8647##. So far nothing changed. Can the text app be deleted and reinstalled? The only thing he has done differently is he added 0.5G of data last Friday.

Hello @Stuckin79
the messaging app can not be uninstalled (and on my Moto X 2nd Gen it can not even be disabled)
If you have space on the phone I would try the Republic Anywhere app (it does seam to help most text issues as it converts texting to IP base)

an add benefit of Anywhere is it can also be installed on a computer and access your text (and send them) from there

https://republicwireless.com/republic-anywhere/

1 Like

Is this my only option? I put that on my tablet and am not particularly fond of it.

He does not have a computer or any other device he uses. I want him to be able to text without using any wifi or anything if it is not available to him.

no it’s not the only option just a suggestion
there are only 3 apps that support SMS/MMS texting on the Legacy phones the Default Messaging, Android Messages and Republic anywhere

have you gone though these troubleshooting steps?

1 Like

We are on 2.0 with no data. He did add 0.5G last Friday. We emptied the cache, restarted in safe mode, dialed the # thing and nothing has worked so far.

He also said he tried a different message app and it is not working either.

Data should not need to be purchased to have test (SMS/MMS) to work (the data need for this is access able to republic without eating purchased data and even on no data plans)
the mobile/cell data and roaming data need to be left on in the android settings)

just to be sure he’s dialing the *s in the dial code *#*#8647#*#*

If so and he in a good coverage area I would but in a support ticket
https://republicwireless.com/account/tickets/

1 Like

Thanks. He purchased the data for another reason. The text messaging glitch seemed to have started at that time. He did the dial code and he says still no one is getting his text messages. I will open a support ticket.

1 Like

Before following through on that support ticket, you might see if anything else at the “Things to Try on Your Own” link in this Republic document helps: Troubleshooting Texting Issues – Republic Help.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer