Moto E (2nd gen)

I have upgraded from the RW provided Moto E, but would like to keep it as an mp3 for my kids. Is there a way to get the 4GB of RW software off of it so that it will have more useable space for music?
Thanks,
Matt

the following blog would cover the best practice for managing storage (the 4 GB is not just Republic but the Android OS and without that it will not work as a MP3 player ) (I would get a SD-card for the storage of the music)
I would remove updates and disable apps that are not need

Some of the bundled apps that you may consider disabling include Assist, Cloud Print, Drive, Google Play Books, Google Play Games, Google Play Movies and TV, Google Play Newsstand, Google+, Hangouts, HP Print Service Plugin, Motorola Alert, and Motorola Migrate. Rule of thumb, if you don’t know for sure, leave the app enabled.

Hi @matthewa.4c75r0,

Could we send you an 8GB SD card to use in the phone for plenty of music storage space?

What did you upgrade to, and what do you think of the upgrade?

I upgraded to a Moto G5plus. I’ve been very happy with it so far. It has 32Gb of internal storage. I would’ve really liked to be able to use an Iphone, but it’s working so far.

I don’t really think that I need tons of storage and I haven’t had good success with music on SD cards. I just wanted to free up another couple of GB with the removal of the Republic Wireless app that’s built in if it’s possible.

Thanks,

Matt

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.