MOTO E 2nd Generation compatible

I just had my old Moto E 2nd generation phone stolen at school. I cancelled my plan and now want to start a new plan and by a phone. Can I buy the same phone or do I need to up grade to one on their list . I did not want to spent** much just something simple and basic.**

Hi @davej.yqk7vc,

I’m very sorry to hear about the stolen phone. Republic continues to support the Moto E2 as a legacy phone, however, legacy Republic phones (Moto E1, E2, G1, G3, X1 or X2) must have been specifically manufactured for Republic’s network. Variants of these phones said to work with other service providers or to be unlocked won’t work with Republic. Generally, the only way to acquire Republic specific variants of these legacy phones is previously used via the secondary market. Republic offers guidance here: Buying and Selling Used Republic Wireless Phones.

You also have the option of choosing a new phone that uses Republic’s 3.0 platform. More on these phones here: Republic Wireless Phones. 3.0 platform phones use a different plan structure: Our Most Affordable Plans at $15/month, with Unlimited Talk & Text | Republic Wireless. I think you’d find the Moto G4 Play to be both a good basic phone and a nice upgrade from your Moto E2.

Finally, you might consider raising a help ticket. From time to time and depending on the circumstances, Republic is able to offer B-Stock phones. B-Stock phones are like new phones returned by other members under Republic’s 14-day money back guarantee. There’s no guarantee Republic would be able to offer a B-Stock phone but it’s a conversation worth having. If you agree, you may start that conversation here: Republic Help.

1 Like

You mentioned cancelling your plan. Did you go to your account and cancel service on the lost phone? If you did that your number will be lost. If you want to keep your number open a service ticket and ask RW support if they can hold it for you. Otherwise it will eventually be assigned to someone else. If you didn’t do that, when you activate a new phone do so as a replacement and the number will move to it from the lost phone.

Message an
Expert customer