Moto E either 1st or 2nd gen (it’s older) activated itself again for the 30+th time since I’ve owned it. Now I am unable to do anything on it. No calls, no text, says I have no cell plan, I tried to update and get a comms-socket-error. Try to sync my google account won’t do it. Trying anything I can and nothing. It will not recognize the house wifi that I am using now (so yes it is fine) and when I turn the phones wifi on it just turns it back off. Wifi mac address is unavailable. The phone just turned itself off. I try to turn back on and it shows a dead battery but it is not dead, has about 60% on it. I plug into charger and it will turn on - says android is starting optimizing app # of 139, has 61% battery so is not dead but then turns itself back off when done and will not turn back on. Worked fine before this reactivation about an hour ago. My other phone on our plan is working fine. I tried to reset and even update but you need to be on wifi according to the troubleshooter I found:
- Update the Republic Wireless and Republic Telephony apps to the latest versions
- Republic Wireless 1.0 and 2.0 phones
- Republic Wireless application
- Republic Telephony application (Requires Android 5.1 Lollipop)
- Google Play Store
- Connect to a WiFi network ----- not finding any networks and we have several in our neighborhood it usually sees and if I turn on wifi the phone just turns wifi back off. Not to mention all the above problems so nothing is working.