Moto E first generation and new Movie Pass app

I have been using my Moto E first generation phone with the Movie Pass app – successfully for two months. Movie Pass recently required me to update their app, and I am not able to download the new app - get the message “Your device isn’t compatible with this version.” Movie Pass customer service says I need Android 5.0 or higher. Other than getting a newer phone, any suggestions? (I prepaid for a year, and they won’t refund me the balance of ten months.)

Hi @lyng,

The Moto E (1st Gen) can be updated to Android 5.1.

Please see:

To update to Android 5.1 it recommends having 850 MG of storage available. I don’t have that much – only have 818 MG. Any suggestions? (I am a technology idiot.)

Do you have any apps you really don’t use much? Old photos and videos you could move to a computer? Have you cleared the app cache and system cache? (Both are described here: Clearing the Cache (KitKat 4.4.4) – Republic Help )

Cleared app cache and system cache. But still have just 821 MG storage. Don’t save photos/videos on phone.

the size need for this update was one of the reason the update was made optional as people already had issues of limited space on the 1st Gen Moto E
best advice on clearing up space can be found in this blog post

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.