Moto E is talking to me... make it stop!

Help! My moto e is talking to me and I can’t get it to stop. I’m trying to navigate and it keeps verbalizing my actions (“double-tap to active”, “home screen 1,” etc. It won’t let me scroll and it’s driving me crazy. I guessing some kind of assistant has been activated, but I have no idea how to disable it.

Sounds like you inadvertently turned on the Talkback feature. The easiest way to turn it off is to hold down both volume keys (simultaneously) for 3 seconds. If that doesn’t work, see the longer set of instructions:

3 Likes

Hi @johng.6r5jad,

It sounds like you’ve enabled the accessibility feature called “Talkback”. To turn it off, you have to first understand that taps are interpreted by the phone a little differently when Talkback is enabled.

Your first tap tells it “Read me this” and then a double-tap tells it “do this.” (That way a person who cannot see the screen can tap, have an audible confirmation of what he has tapped, and then double-tap to take action.)

Instructions to escape are here: How to Disable Talkback in Accessibility Settings – Republic Help

1 Like

Thank you to both of you – that was it. You’ve saved my sanity… or at least what’s left.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer