Moto e4 bluetooth disconnecting

getting_help

What phone do you have?
Moto e4
What plan are you on?
My Choice, 1GB
Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?
1GB of data

Issue Description

Hi, my phone has been “disconnecting” from my bluetooth headphones whenever the wifi disconnects. I use quotes because the headphones are still recognized as connected by the phone, but my phone doesnt play audio through the headphones. Another similar problem I am having is I can’t seem to make phone calls through bluetooth. Maybe the bluetooth chip/driver is malfunctioning?

I have tried using different bluetooth devices, same problem. Edit: I have also switched off bluetooth scanning.

turn off bluetooth scanning

Hi, thank you for the response. I forgot to mention that I tried turning off both the bluetooth scanning and wifi scanning. The problem persisted as if i didn’t change anything.

Hi @jacquelinez,

I’m sorry no one in our Community has made any other suggestions for you. I’m a little surprised none of our Community members have tried to duplicate what you’re experiencing with their own E4.

This might be a good question for Motorola support.

I also had this problem and followed a link to an article that suggested that the iHeart Radio app could be the problem. It recommended that you uninstall the app so I did and that seems to have fixed it. Don’t know why but it worked. I’m going to research iHeart Radio to see if they have a fix.

Wow! I just uninstalled the iHeart Radio app, and the issue is gone. That is amazing! I never use the iHeart Radio app, so it’s not a loss on my phone. Thank you!!

Thanks for sharing your experience @mcpowderman! That’s likely to help a lot of people.