Moto E4 Now Available at Republic Wireless!

phones

Today, we’re excited to announce that the new Moto E4 is now available in our online store for just $99! Check out our recent PWK post for more info.

Note: At this time, the Moto E4 is only compatible with our GSM network. It will not be compatible on our CDMA network until later this year.

I just wanted to order one, it says “Out of Stock”. Did you run out of devices so fast? When will they be available again? Can I get on some sort of pre-order / waiting list?

I am under the old plan. Can I use this phone in the old plan? Is the old plan GSM or CDMA?

try clearing your browser or use a private mode they are showing in stock to me

it is still available. Hit “refresh” a bunch of times, you should see it come in stock.

This needs 3.0 plans
there will never be a new 1.0/2.0 legacy phone (It not cost productive)

for now its will be GSM network only but later this year CDMA should be an option

Yes, that’s right. Thanks.

I am a low tech person. I am not under the current plan. Can the Moto E 4G be used on the old plan? What is GSM and CDMA? Which is the old plan and which is the new plan?

It can NOT be used on the old plan. There are no, and will not be, any new phones that work on the old plans.

CDMA and GSM are two different network technologies. Republic works with two carrier partners. One (Sprint) uses CDMA. This is what all the old phones are on (Moto X1, X2, G1, G3, E1 or E2). The other carrier (which can’t be named due to contracts) uses GSM technology. The new phones either use only the new GSM partner (The Moto Zs, The S6, the J3, the Alcatel, The Huawei Ascend) or can be on either carrier (the other phones).

I’m not a Republic employee so I can say that the GSM partner for Republic is T-Mobile

Thank you for the clarification.

5 posts were split to a new topic: What are my options when my phone needs replacing. I like my current plan

I ordered my son a Moto E4 on July 14th. It is on back order, and via email I was told I can expect my order in 1 to 2 weeks. It will be two weeks on Friday, and my order status hasn’t changed. Any updates of the status of the backorder?

Hi @chelliebean,

I just got word today that we are expecting the back-ordered gold E4s to ship tomorrow.

Awesome! That’s perfect. I was about to cancel and have to pay more for a phone my kid didn’t want. Thanks! :slight_smile:

I’m really enjoying this new phone so far. I moved on from the refund plan to the 3.0 because my Moto X (gen 1) unfortunately took a swim with me this summer. Republic’s speed in filling the order was great, moving my existing Republic servince/number was seamless and the new E4 phone in some ways (even at the low price-point) is better than my old x. I’ve been with Republic since the beta wave days… and continue to enjoy watching their business expand and evolve. Thanks!

Now I have a backorder on a Moto E4. I would be great if the order status would show better estimates on when that might be shipped.

Hi @deborahm.o4hjym,

I’ll take a look at your order and DM you some additional information.