Moto e4 plus -best phone ever for the price

phone_review

My Review

my wife and i have had republic for 1 year and almost 1 month. love it.
our moto e4 plus is the most awesome phone yet to own. big long lasting battery with an energy efficient processor. I’ve gotten 8 days on one charge and still had about 40 % battery left.!! its a fast processor. finger print sensor works very well with no glitches. the discreet notification screen is very nice. overall this phone is well worth the money.
Motorola and republic wireless = one awesome combination. win win
Thank you

I have a Moto e4 plus and it is the WORST!!! I constantly get a no cell service or no messages or data warning and if I reboot the phone I get full service again. I constantly get text late or mine don’t go through. I live in NJ a very densely populated state with excellent coverage and I never had a problem with my previous moto phone on the Republic system. Thank ■■■■ this phone is no longer available for purchase on the Republic site.

Hi @jamesb.77jvj6,

Unlike your previous Motos with Republic, it’s possible your E4 Plus is using different coverage. In other words, it may be the cellular coverage provisioned and not the phone per se. Two things would help us better help you:

1. Your zip code
  2. Knowing whether your E4 Plus is provisioned with a GSM or CDMA SIM. Here’s how to find out: How to Tell If a Phone Is Active on GSM or CDMA – Republic Help.

1. My zip code is 07003
  2. My phone is provisioned GSM

Hi @jamesb.77jvj6,

Thank you for the additional context! Your E4 Plus does have different coverage than that of previous generations of Motos running on Republic. That said, according to the coverage map GSM coverage is supposed to be good. I suggest you try the following:

Refresh your phone’s, Republic activation as described here: How to Refresh the Republic Wireless Activation – Republic Help.

With that done:

At Settings -> Data usage; please be certain Cellular data is toggled on.

At Settings -> More -> Cellular networks; please be certain Data roaming is toggled on.

Lastly reset Network Settings. Please know this step will clear out any saved connections for WiFi and Bluetooth. To do so:

At Settings -> More -> Network settings reset; read the warning then tap “Reset Settings.” You will be warned a second time. Tap “Reset Settings” to confirm. The process will usually take 5-10 seconds and the cellular signal bars icon will go away for a moment. Once the cell signal bars icon returns, please restart your phone.

If the coverage experience still doesn’t improve I would then suggest you ask Republic for a SIM that will give you the same coverage as you had on earlier generations of Motos: How to Request a 3.0 CDMA SIM Card – Republic Help.